Review Medici: Masters of Florence

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:) ~ Has anyone seen Medici on Netflicx? I just started watching it this weekend and I loved:emoji_heart: it so much. It's an awesome show about Italy's famous & notorious Medici family. The plot is interesting, it full of intriges, ambitions, and greed:emoji_hushed:. It only has 8 episodes. Heck I can't wait to see the next season.

*~ :emoji_bee: ~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:
"
Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games
These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

Last edited:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Sunflower,
I checked out /|\ series and it is something I'd be interested in. Another series I think you would like is:

The Pillars of the Earth is a historical novel by Ken Follett published in 1989 about the building of a cathedral in the fictional town of Kingsbridge, England. It is set in the middle of the 12th century, primarily during the Anarchy, between the time of the sinking of the White Ship and the murder of Thomas Becket. The book traces the development of Gothic architecture out of the preceding Romanesque architecture, and the fortunes of the Kingsbridge priory and village against the backdrop of historical events of the time.

I read the book & the TV series sticks close to the book. I really think you would enjoy it. Netflix is not streaming it, but it is available on DVD...♡♡♡

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Medici? Damn! I don't do the Netflix thing....are you sure you're not watching the Borgias with shonky subtitles, my friend?

duzit

@Carol,
Thanks 4 the suggestion. After reading a quick review, it sounds like "The Pillars of the Earth".
I might check into it...:emoji_butterfly:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Hah! I swear all these medieval-era novelists all drink in the same pub and swap ideas, I really do.

Although fantasy/historical-wise, I'm sure things must've nearly come to blows between Profs Tolkein and Lewis in the Bird and Baby when C.S. figured out the elves implications... right?

Sunflower007

@Sunflower007 Have u finished this series? I have & would like to discuss w/u.◆◆◆♡♡♡
:emoji_relaxed: ~ Yes. I finished watching the series a week ago. I loved it and the show left me wanting to watch more.

*~:emoji_robot:~*

"
Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

duzit

I believe there will be a second season because to many things were left hanging:
1-The whore's baby, I don't think it is Medici's. I think she is just saying that
so she has a place for her & her baby. 2 -The revelation that most, if not all the
evil doings was done by the long time family bookkeeper. 3 -The dome of the
church is still unfinished.
And, there are other cliffhangers that need
answers. I am very much enjoying it. Thanks for posting about it.:emoji_kiss:◆◆◆♡♡♡

Last edited:

Sunflower007

:emoji_relaxed: ~ Yeah the show definitely left plenty of unanswered questions. I hope it gets renew so we could see how it pans out. Netflix can't just leave us hanging like that.

*~ :emoji_bicyclist:~*

"Ask me if I need him
Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
:) ~ Has anyone seen Medici on Netflicx? I just started watching it this weekend and I loved:emoji_heart: it so much. It's an awesome show about Italy's famous & notorious Medici family. The plot is interesting, it full of intriges, ambitions, and greed:emoji_hushed:. It only has 8 episodes. Heck I can't wait to see the next season.
I don't subscribe to pay TV, however I saw it on FTA TV in Australia. I enjoyed the first season and hope they follow it up with another one soon.

Naturally, as with most modern TV series, they did gloss over some of the less pleasant aspects of history - and the actors were far more attractive than their historical counterparts - but overall, it was still well-worth the watch.