Review Misery (1990)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
aggsg.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

After a famous author is rescued from a car crash by a fan of his novels, he comes to realize that the care he is receiving is only the beginning of a nightmare of captivity and abuse.

Last edited:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
As with "Carrie", I liked the movie better than the book. Of course Stephan King is brilliant, even if I like the movie versions to be a little toned down.

duzit

This was one scary movie. NEVER let your best fan take care of you. Very good performance by
Kathy Bates. Whenever I saw her again, I always thought of this performance...

Hux

Such a simple idea for a story. Surprised we hadn't seen something like this sooner.

In these days of intense celebrity culture, you'd think a remake would be on the cards (maybe with an actor instead of a writer).

duzit

Such a simple idea for a story. Surprised we hadn't seen something like this sooner.

In these days of intense celebrity culture, you'd think a remake would be on the cards (maybe with an actor instead of a writer).
Oh, don't give them any more ideas for any more remakes...

Hux

I'm sure somebody, somewhere in a darkened room in Hollywood is reading this right now and hearing kerching sounds.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Great acting and some real suspense. The hobbling scene, so many people thought the camera would pan away, but it didn't :) Its fun watching that scene with someone who hasn't seen the movie yet.
And like others have said, better than the book.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Different Seasons is the only book of his I think I've read - but with 3 out of the 4 stories all made into such great films (Shawshank, Apt Pupil and Stand By Me) - how come Hollywood hasn't cracked on and made the last one (which I now can't remember, so that might be the first clue...) at least it wouldn't be a re-make.

Misery is brilliant too - horrific. And at least I saw it before the French and Saunders spoof version (the same cannot be said for either Titanic or Silence of the Lambs - big oops).