Review Mission to the Unknown (1965)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
william-hartnell-doctor-colour.jpg

mission_to_the_unknown_wallpaper_by_hisi79-d6n7bkt.jpg

Your thoughts on this story.....

Whilst The Doctor, Steven and Vicki are traveling to their next destination. On the planet Kembel, Marc Cory, a Space Security Service agent discovers The Daleks are attending a secret meeting with their allies. Where Cory discovers the Dalek's evil plan, which sets the stage for the epic 14-part adventure "The Dalek Master Plan".

THE ANIMATED RECONSTRUCTION.....

On to the next story....

THE MYTH MAKERS

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-myth-makers-1965.3633/

Back to the previous story....

GALAXY FOUR

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/galaxy-four-1965.3493/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

As with all the reconstructions, I think the efforts that have been made to bring this story back from the obscurity of being sound only are amazing, especially as it has the additional difficulty of being one of those stories without telesnaps.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I bought a copy of that CD and it was signed by Peter Purves! Not that I knew that until I paid the man behind the counter!
JB

Doctor Omega

Doctor Who - Mission to the Unknown Recreated!

A complete remake of Mission to the Unknown is being made by the students at UCLAN! This exciting project is painstakingly recreating the original sets, costumes of Mission and creating an authentic 60s recreation of a well loved missing episode! A big thank you to Aaron J Climas who lent his voice, and 3D models to me to animate for this video!

Doctor Omega

Doctor Who: Mission to the Unknown - Inside Look!

Today, we sit down with Marco Simioni who played Marc Cory in 2019s' Mission to the Unknown! Previously unreleased photos and videos from set are here also!

Doctor Omega

Someone has cleverly matched up the original audio with the new re-enactment, getting us perhaps as close as we will ever get to the original episode.......

An attempt to merge the original 1965 audio with the fantastic 2019 UCLN recreation of Mission to the Unknown. Although the result isn't perfect as I had to edit a lot of the video and audio to match the different line deliveries, I'm happy with the final result. All credit to the BBC and UCLN!