Review Mr Bester ( Walter Koenig)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
It must have been very gratifying for Walter to get a second bite of the sci-fi apple with BABYLON 5.

And MOONTRAP too! :emoji_alien:

Bester certainly seems very far removed from good old Pavel!

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
It must have been very gratifying for Walter to get a second bite of the sci-fi apple with BABYLON 5.

And MOONTRAP too! :emoji_alien:

Bester certainly seems very far removed from good old Pavel!
We both like Who and B7, but I think you maybe haven't seen this, it's worth trying. The first season is a bit hit and miss, an introduction to the real meaty stuff to come, but a terrific show.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I haven't seen it yet, but will do at some point. It is my understanding that J.M.S. was open about BLAKE'S 7 being an influence on this show, so that is a point of interest for me already!

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
I haven't seen it yet, but will do at some point. It is my understanding that J.M.S. was open about BLAKE'S 7 being an influence on this show, so that is a point of interest for me already!
The B7 link is to do with season to season arcs and season cliff-hangers. There's some in-jokes using planet names and ship designs that may be a nod to B7. The alien life forms are well realized and a properly drawn characters, and series 4 has the Babylon 5 station take on Earth forces in a human vs human conflict reminiscent of B7.