Information My Close Call!

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4
Hi,raiders...i didn't know where to put this thread,but anyway...i was crossing the street in the right way,i mean on the crosswalk and the next thing i know at the half way through a car nearly hit me...do you have irresponsable drivers where you live?

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Yep, I once got hit by a car, I was on my bike. I just had a sprained knee and a concussion.
My sister got it worse, also on her bike, she had a big concussion and some nasty head wounds.
My brother in law was hit by a big car when he was on his motorcycle and he had multiple(5) fractions in his lower leg. He needed multiple surgeries to fix it.
In all cases the car drivers were at fault. They either jumped a red light or didn’t give way to the other person.

There are irresponsible drivers everywhere.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Sorry to hear about that. I was actually hit by a vehicle once, and had many close calls. I have become all too aware that drivers must get their licences from Cracker Jack boxes, because things like right of way, watching fro pedestrians, and slowing down at intersections are non-existent in this world. I'm glad you're still with us, alice.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Yep, I once got hit by a car, I was on my bike. I just had a sprained knee and a concussion.
My sister got it worse, also on her bike, she had a big concussion and some nasty head wounds.
My brother in law was hit by a big car when he was on his motorcycle and he had multiple(5) fractions in his lower leg. He needed multiple surgeries to fix it.
In all cases the car drivers were at fault. They either jumped a red light or didn’t give way to the other person.

There are irresponsible drivers everywhere.
Nearly 20 years ago, when my son was in kindergarten, I was waiting in the car while my ex went in to pick him up. A car came screaming round the corner - tyres squealing - and the driver gunned the motor as he went through the pedestrian crossing. The speed limit in the general area was 50 kilometres per hour and the pedestrian crossing lights were flashing to indicate a speed limit of 25 kilometres per hour. He was clearly going faster than that so I made a note of the details of the car and rang the police.

Eventually, a police officer called by to follow up on my complaint. Over a cuppa, he informed me about how difficult it would be to prove what had happened in a court of law. The police officer also informed me that whilst he was checking up on the driver, he had caught him operating an unregistered motor vehicle without a current drivers licence. We both had a bit of a chuckle at that. Justice had prevailed. :emoji_wink:

croft_alice

Sorry to hear about that. I was actually hit by a vehicle once, and had many close calls. I have become all to aware that drivers must get their licences from Cracker Jack boxes, because things like right of way, watching fro pedestrians, and slowing down at intersections are non-existent in this world. I'm glad you're still with us, alice.
Thank you,mate.Glad to be here.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I can't say worse...they are rules,last time i checked.Lol
Oh shit!

I fucking forgot...

What a stupid cunt I am.

Actually, as far as language is concerned, we're fairly easy going here. You can argue with another poster as much as you both can tolerate. However, the moment that either of you stop attacking each others' arguments and start attacking each other, that's when I'll intervene in affairs. I think that's fair.

croft_alice

Oh shit!

I fucking forgot...

What a stupid cunt I am.

Actually, as far as language is concerned, we're fairly easy going here. You can argue with another poster as much as you both can tolerate. However, the moment that either of you stop attacking each others' arguments and start attacking each other, that's when I'll intervene in affairs. I think that's fair.
Copy that