Review Once Upon a Deadpool (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
hypTT7u.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

The events of DEADPOOL 2, retold with a wraparound fairytale motif!

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

FOX Unveils “Once Upon A Deadpool”

fox-unveils-once-upon-a-deadpool-696x464.jpg

20th Century Fox has announced “Once Upon A Deadpool,” the title for the upcoming PG-13 cut of this year’s biggest R-rated hit “Deadpool 2”. Deadline reports that the project will have a limited-engagement that begins December 12th and concludes on Christmas Eve.

While most of the film is just “Deadpool 2” edited to meet PG-13 thresholds of violence and language, the new footage comes in the form of a framing sequence conceived by Ryan Reynolds and writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Reynolds and his cohorts filmed all the framing scenes, eight in total, in a single day.

These will be used as interstitial additions to the existing sequel’s footage. Even with the extra footage, the film comes in three minutes shorter than the R-rated cut. $1 for every ticket sold goes to ‘F–k Cancer,’ which will be renamed Fudge Cancer just for this limited time and campaign.

The response to the PG-13 repackaging is also reportedly being watched closely by the leadership at Disney and Marvel Studios and may inform the way they incorporate “Deadpool” into their plans.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
The response to the PG-13 repackaging is also reportedly being watched closely by the leadership at Disney and Marvel Studios and may inform the way they incorporate “Deadpool” into their plans.
I have been opposed to this whole repackaging of the film, but this makes some sense. I would hate for them to up and drop Wade as a character just because he doesn't fit their universe.

Doctor Omega

The PG-13 “Deadpool” Tweet Saga Ends

trailer-once-upon-a-deadpool-696x464.jpg

A few days ago an artist named Michael Vincent Bramley posted on Twitter that he had tweeted the exact plot of the new “Once Upon A Deadpool” at Ryan Reynolds almost a year ago, and included proof of the posting with screenshots.

The posting, which was tweeted at actor Ryan Reynolds at the time, is actually pretty remarkably close to the final product. Bramley suggests Fox could utilize a PG-13 “Deadpool” film as a meta-commentary on PG-13 films, and the framing device could employ Fred Savage in a “Princess Bride” homage.

That led to headlines and Reddit threads saying Fox deserves to give Bramley some credit. Now Bramley has returned to Twitter and put the issue to rest saying: “[Ryan Reynolds] and I had a brief talk and I believe he was as confused as I was. It seems like this may all just have been a big, insane coincidence and I’m happy to leave it at that. I’m looking forward to seeing the movie in December!”.

“Once Upon a Deadpool” hits cinemas on December 12th.