Review Orphan 55

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
So what's your verdict?

I give it a 7/10, same as last week (and the week before). I see the folks at PLANET MONDAS don't care for it at all because it's too preachy but that didn't bother me.

Reminds me of PLANET OF THE APES with their discovery halfway through, and

the Dregs remind me of the Primords from INFERNO

Also what the hell was up with

Bella wanting to blow up the whole spa because her mother didn't pay enough attention to her?

Maybe, for that unnecessary mother/daughter drama, I should bump my rating down to a 6.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
The comments under this review point out some of the inconsistencies in this episode.

And then of course is Bella who basically murdered bunch of people (all the guests killed by Dregs) because she’s angry at mum. And everyone acts like she had perfectly reasonable cause and it’s Kane who should’ve apologise ... They treat her like she’s just slightly misguided. WTF?

I don’t even have the bandwidth to get aggravated by biochemical problems with oxygen production without external energy source how that’s not how breathing works (even plants breathe oxygen). Or what Dregs eat when there’s no tourists.
Or how they have fires burning in the old subway tunnels if there is no oxygen.
“Nothing can live out there” (out there are trees).
The way so many shows - and movies - make everyone act like killing doesn’t matter as long as it’s no one we knew by name always breaks my suspension of disbelief. Those people should be real to the characters - with families that mourn them and demanding consequences for their deaths. Mummy issues do not justify murder.
The Doctor excoriates anyone who uses guns to fight back against deadly monsters, yet goes easy on the dejected daughter who decides she is justified in blowing up an entire resort and killing everyone on it because her mommy left her. The moral disconnect here is frustrating.