Review Pacific Rim (2013)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8

There were always plans out there to bring back the giant monsters of yesteryear. But after PACIFIC RIM became a hit, it seems like there was a renewed interest in Godzilla, King King, and all of the other monsters that came before. Does the movie deserve to be recognized in that, or would the public interest swung back toward them eventually? And did you like the movie?

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Just finished watching on TNT, had never seen it b4. I liked it, I found it to be a combination of:
Alien, Transformers, Avatar, The Abyss, Independence Day, Predator all of which I like, so combine
them and you have Pacific Rim. It was entertaining as good guys fighting aliens always is.
And, there was plenty of action and very, very colorful. I liked all of it... :emoji_purple_heart:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Just finished watching on TNT, had never seen it b4. I liked it, I found it to be a combination of:
Alien, Transformers, Avatar, The Abyss, Independence Day, Predator all of which I like, so combine
them and you have Pacific Rim. It was entertaining as good guys fighting aliens always is.
And, there was plenty of action and very, very colorful. I liked all of it... :emoji_purple_heart:
There's also a lot of anime references, mostly the Jagers being a live action version of the mechas that were popular for a while in the genre. I especially was reminded of NEON GENESIS EVANGELION. It really is a fun film to watch.

Love, love, love Guillermo Del Toro!
Me too.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
gaergr.jpg

As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse.