Review Papillon (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0 (2).jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

Wrongfully convicted for murder, Henri Charriere forms an unlikely relationship with fellow inmate and quirky convicted counterfeiter Louis Dega, in an attempt to escape from the notorious penal colony on Devil's Island.

Last edited:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
This is one they should leave alone. There will be no better portrayals than the original actors.

STOP trying to remake what can't be made better...

Doctor Omega

Bleecker Street has announced they have bought U.S. distribution rights to director Michael Noer’s remake of famed 1973 penal-colony drama “Papillon”.

Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek star in the new take which premiered in Toronto, with a 2018 release being targeted. A more specific date is expected to be announced soon.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
Papillon is an underrated classic. I mean, people who have seen it know it's fantastic but it's not very well known. I'd say the boys have some big shoes to fill.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Papillon is an underrated classic. I mean, people who have seen it know it's fantastic but it's not very well known. I'd say the boys have some big shoes to fill.
I'd say they're wasting their time.

Why would I watch yet another remake, when I have the original, which I can watch anytime I want?

Who the hell is going to top Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman?

Doctor Omega

A very powerful film. That "step on it" spike trap freaked me out the first time I saw the film.

These new guys look like they will be too busy posing for the camera to do any Oscar winning acting.

Doctor Omega

“Papillon” Sets Date

colette-papillon-boy-trace-set-dates-696x464.jpg

The Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek-led prison drama remake of “Papillon” is now set for release on August 24th

Doctor Omega

Phew!

On second thoughts, thank Heavens they remade this.

The witch-hunters of the media will most likely be banning all Dustin Hoffman films now, whitewashing him from history, after his continuing trial by media, as the originals will suddenly be quietly never spoken of again as it suddenly becomes inappropriate to show them...

So thankfully the makers of this.... thing..... had the foresight to remake one of the films containing him.

Now they just need to remake all of the other Hoffman/Spacey etc. etc. films.

At least Hollywood will have an excuse now for their endless remakes. :emoji_head_bandage: