Review Paul Darrow

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
paul-darrow-avon.jpg

Paul Darrow was born on 2 May 1941 in Surrey, England. He went to Haberdashers Askes School and attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He performed with the Bristol Old Vic and started to get acting roles on British TV in the 1960s. After roles in such series' as The Saint (1962) and Doctor Who (1963), he was cast as Avon in the cult BBC science fiction series Blake's 7 (1978). He maintains an association with the classic series. Paul Darrow's interests include Criminology, good food and wine, classical music, the cinema and military history. He supports Manchester City Football Club and was married to the actress Janet Lees-Price.

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
From an episode of Yes Honestly - The Man Who Shot Bernard Vallance.
Darrow as dinner party bore Vallance.

WP_20180908_08_57_15_Pro.jpg

And not looking too happy after having food chucked at him.

WP_20180908_09_13_56_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

Posted this elsewhere, but now that Paul has his own thread....

Mandela Effect Blake's 7 Paul Darrow No Longer Dead? Alternate Time Line Parallel Universe World

Shocked by Blake's 7 Paul Darrow No Longer being Dead? Very big fan of his and glad about this difference. Blake's 7 liberator is not the same in this timeline. Can you tell what is different.

Doctor Omega

Truthfully, I think - in this particular case - that this guy has developed a mentality of seeking Mandela Effects constantly - and has somehow got it all muddled up.

He is the only one who has pointed this out that I know of. You would think that there would be corroboration from others.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Posted this elsewhere, but now that Paul has his own thread....

Mandela Effect Blake's 7 Paul Darrow No Longer Dead? Alternate Time Line Parallel Universe World

I think he might of got his memories mixed up.

Paul Darrow's wife died in 2012, after a long illness.

That would also be an understandable reason to cancel a book tour.

Doctor Omega

Yes, I didn't know about Paul's sad loss until quite recently.

Mind you, to be honest, I don't think I have ever seen Janet Lees Price in anything other than that episode though and only knew of her as Paul's wife/Klyn!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Yes, I didn't know about Paul's sad loss until quite recently.

Mind you, to be honest, I don't think I have ever seen Janet Lees Price in anything other than that episode though and only knew of her as Paul's wife/Klyn!
Yes, that pretty much sums up my awareness of her I'm afraid.

Doctor Omega

d0n9tghai8qcgmecsekq.jpg

Paul Darrow, Blake's 7

The Blake's 7 star wrote several tie-in novels. His first is a prequel to the series, titled Avon: A Terrible Aspect, which is now incredibly rare and goes for upwards of $80 online. Darrow starts the novel before Kerr Avon's conception, Tristam Shandy-style — the story begins with Rogue Avon, Kerr's father, and ends with the murder Kerr commits to avenge his father's death, which is what causes him to be sentenced to a prison colony and then sets up his meeting with Blake as the series begins.
Kirkus Reviews wrote, "Welcome to a galaxy-sized solar system where sentences and ideas consist of cliches strung together, characters usually seethe with suppressed fury, and natural laws like gravity are vague quantities to be ignored whenever inconvenient. Stick with the TV series, which is never as bad as this and often is quite watchable."

Doctor Omega

I love the commentary on TIMELASH.

Paul Darrow and Colin Baker. What a combination!

COLIN: Just because Tekker's shuffled off this mortal coil is no reason to lose interest!

PAUL: You could have married H.G.Wells and become Peri Wells!

COLIN: Fans use an anagram of TIMELASH in a derogatory way.. Starting with"Lame".

PAUL: Lame this...? Lame Sith?

COLIN: Sith! Very Good! (Pause) This thin ice we are on is definitely cracking!

Doctor Omega

capsule_616x353.jpg 1844664_0.jpg

Contradiction is a unique adventure / murder mystery game that uses live-action video for the entirety of the game play. All you have to do is interview characters, spot their lies and catch them out! It's available on Steam for PC and Mac from July 10th 2015

Doctor Omega

Paul Darrow playing a devil worshipper who causes demons to take over and enter a person.....?

The game sounds like a sequel to......

DeTd_HOWkAQ2DpK.jpg