Information Pavarotti Documentary Movie: ANNOUNCED

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Ron Howard To Helm Pavarotti Doco

ron-howard-to-helm-pavarotti-doco-696x464.jpg

Imagine Entertainment and White Horse Pictures, having teamed up on the successful “The Beatles: Eight Days A Week,” are re-teaming for another musical documentary – this one on famed tenor and opera icon Luciano Pavarotti.

Ron Howard will direct and Brian Grazer will produce the project which has full access to the singer’s family archives, interviews and live music footage. The project will be made in collaboration with Universal Music Group partner Polygram Entertainment.

Howard, Nigel Sinclair, Michael Rosenberg and Jeanne Elfant Festa will also produce the film which also sees the return of the ‘Beatles’ team of editor Paul Crowder and executive producer and writer Mark Monroe.

Studiocanal will co-finance and will oversee international sales with White Horse Pictures with plans to release the film next year.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Thanks DOC! Was not aware of this. I'm very interested, he was my fav. tenor. I could not afford a ticket to a live performance, but never missed a viewing whenever PBS had a special. The one that always comes to mind is the special that had all three tenors:

José Carreras, Placido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti — gave a one-night-only show at Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium on July 16, 1994, it was a massive spectacle watched by a billion people worldwide. More than that, the Three Tenors phenomenon permanently altered how a large amount of classical music is presented, packaged and sold.

I have read:
The King and I: The Uncensored Tale of Luciano Pavarotti's Rise to Fame by His Manager, Friend, and Sometime Adversary
by Herbert Breslin, Anne Midgette
It's a tell tale story of living in the shadow of a very talented person who is living in true deva style.

I have, but not yet read:
Pavarotti: My World
by Luciano Pavarotti, William WrightLuciano Pavarotti

@Doctor Omega, please keep me updated with any info, thanks...:emoji_kiss: