Review Planet of the Apes (2001)

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I enjoyed the film very much.

It wasn't as good as the original Arthur P Jacobs series of films, but it still had much to commend it. This includes the fact that its ending is closer to the ending of the original novel, MONKEY PLANET by Pierre Boulle than any of the other films, before or since.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
I enjoyed the film very much.

It wasn't as good as the original Arthur P Jacobs series of films, but it still had much to commend it. This includes the fact that its ending is closer to the ending of the original novel, MONKEY PLANET by Pierre Boulle than any of the other films, before or since.
Indeed.
I get that the '68 films ending is iconic, but I always liked the novel ending(I really like the novel).

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Indeed.
I get that the '68 films ending is iconic, but I always liked the novel ending(I really like the novel).
In many ways, I think I'm simply a fan of all things - or at least many things - Ape.

I liked the original film series, the 2001 film and the new film series. I also enjoyed the live-action TV series and the animated TV series. I also enjoyed the original novel by Pierre Boulle and all of the books based upon the various films and TV series.

For the record, my mother was also a big fan of the various Ape films and TV series. She also particularly liked the Ape books based upon the animated TV series. However, she died in 2012, before the new film series began, so she missed out on that.