Review Predator (1987)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
adsfs.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

A team of commandos on a mission in a Central American jungle find themselves hunted by an extraterrestrial warrior.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

R.I.P. ‘Predator’ Star Sonny Landham

sonny-landham.jpg

John McTiernan’s Predator, was packed with badass dudes carrying big ass guns. One of those actors who made a huge impression in the film was Sonny Landham, who we’re very sad to report has passed away at the age of 76 from congestive heart failure.

Landham of course played mercenary Billy Sole in the 1987 action-horror film, an expert tracker who bravely engaged in hand-to-hand combat with the titular beast.

In addition to his standout role in Predator, Sonny Landham also appeared in several other ’80s favorites such as The Warriors, Poltergeist and 48 Hrs. In 1996, Landham made his directorial debut with Billy Lone Bear, an action film wherein he played the title character.

Landham is survived by his son and daughter, William and Priscilla.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
One of the stars, apparently!

This does not bode well. :emoji_confused:
If he's not the first one to be slaughtered - and then to have his skull and spinal cord ripped from his shattered corpse - I shall be very pissed off.

I want to see his polished skull sitting on display in the Predator's lair.

ant-mac

Next to a xenomorph skull?

Or are we not going there again?!? :emoji_confused:
I've got nothing against them combining those two film series - just so long as they can do justice to them both on screen.

My main objection to the two attempts so far is that they felt rushed and underdone. They should have taken their time, adhered to established lore and focused on getting it right.

And don't try to tell a two hour story in ninety minutes.

Doctor Omega

Of course, people insist that those two films never happened now.

But they did.

I remember watching them.

And they had the studio logo at the front too! :emoji_alien:

ant-mac

Of course, people insist that those two films never happened now.

But they did.

I remember watching them.

And they had the studio logo at the front too! :emoji_alien:
Ah, but some people have a remarkable ability to deny reality - even when it's right in front of them. It's almost a superpower where they're concerned.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
If he's not the first one to be slaughtered - and then to have his skull and spinal cord ripped from his shattered corpse - I shall be very pissed off.
Wouldn't it be better to have his skull and spinal cord ripped from his still living body? In full graphic detail? Unfortunately I suspect that we've identified at least one certain survivor :(

ant-mac

Wouldn't it be better to have his skull and spinal cord ripped from his still living body? In full graphic detail?
I was just trying to be compassionate for the sake of any sensitive audience members.

Besides, at least the death scream should be more drawn out and horrendous by slaughtering him first and then dismembering him.

Of course, I could be wrong.