High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I'm not kidding on this one. This site actually has quite a lot of the actor, movie, and tv boards on there. It was nice seeing actually topics that were on IMDB. Some are a few months old, but a good trip down memory lane, and still the info most contained in them. I'm not jumping ship, but wanted to let you guys know is all.

Never heard of Hashed but glad to see those board topics again
https://hashed.io/

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I'm not kidding on this one. This site actually has quite a lot of the actor, movie, and tv boards on there. It was nice seeing actually topics that were on IMDB. Some are a few months old, but a good trip down memory lane, and still the info most contained in them. I'm not jumping ship, but wanted to let you guys know is all.

Never heard of Hashed but glad to see those board topics again
https://hashed.io/
Three attempts over two days have yielded nothing but this...

#
Still loading…
If you see this for more than a few seconds, it's probably a javascript error.

Please send an email to [email protected] with this URL:
//cdn.hashed.io/js/20170414-230940/bundle.js

Amyghost

Member: Rank 3
That's all I'm getting. My system is slow and overloaded, which might have something to do with it; when I have a minute I'll try sending a report, since I'd like to be able to get a look at this. Most of the attempts I've seen to clone extant IMDb forum data have been patchy, with a lot of lost information, so I'm wondering if the creator(s) of this site have had better luck with their attempt.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
I tried the instructions, went to my IMDb profile page, but don't see any 'sync with your IMDb account' section anywhere.
I don't have an account, I mostly lurk there. I like to read the old posts. Also, the site is not mobile friendly. Try this, the Admin. seems very helpful

"if you have any issues, please let me know. be sure to mention the browser you're using and operating system."

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I seem to be seeing that this board isn't gaining many new members. Shame :/
Hey I've posted about it countless times on FB. Most people reply and say go to movie chat or imdb2. They're ok boards, but they are kinda crowded at times. I've even noticed some boards/threads go unanswered for a few weeks. With the sites have a few thousand people but it depends on where the crowd is. If I want to debate TWD or shows like that great. I don't know I think many went here and there. Some like this or that. It's still early to tell. Who knows when the dust settles more might find their way here. Everything is still new. Maybe when a few sites drop the ball or whatever else? I guess everyone is still feeling sites, crowds out, and still debating. There's nothing wrong with being a member of a few sites.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I may be odd, but I like coming here & speaking to familiar people. I have yet to see one troll attack this board, & I've been here for over two months.
I feel the same way. When I first signed up at IMDb, it was, for the most part, fans talking about movies, TV, actors, etc. The last couple of years it was difficult to have any discussion that didn't immediately devolve into political attacks, claims of racism/misogyny/homophobia, and constant name calling and insult hurling if you disagreed with something someone said. @ant-mac and I (and I think @The Seeker ) all had run-ins with people who had little interest in actually discussing shows, but would come on the boards merely to throw around some insults and pretend that we were jerks because we pointed it out. I don't miss that.

I have thought about checking out some other sites, but this feels like home now. Except @DeJoHnNiE won't let me put my feet on the couch.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I feel the same way. When I first signed up at IMDb, it was, for the most part, fans talking about movies, TV, actors, etc. The last couple of years it was difficult to have any discussion that didn't immediately devolve into political attacks, claims of racism/misogyny/homophobia, and constant name calling and insult hurling if you disagreed with something someone said. @ant-mac and I (and I think @The Seeker ) all had run-ins with people who had little interest in actually discussing shows, but would come on the boards merely to throw around some insults and pretend that we were jerks because we pointed it out. I don't miss that.

I have thought about checking out some other sites, but this feels like home now. Except @DeJoHnNiE won't let me put my feet on the couch.
Yes, we have a strict policy about couches here.

I'm afraid it's strictly BYO. :emoji_wink:

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I was on The Movie Board, and one thing that I hated on there and this goes for any board. Any posts asking about sex, positions, gettiness, what sounds you make on the toilet, etc, really turned me away from those boards. In my eyes, I think types shouldn't be on there, but if that's what those forums want and crowd then keep them. They were talking about a few trolls in one post I was reading. I guess the trolls on there hang around TWD boards.
If I overstep anywhere you guys let me know. I only posted what teen movies I could recall to get that area working. Horror pretty well Omega has that covered. Which I have no arguments there since most of them I seen or own. I'm always thinking where and what can I add to help out. I post the link from time to time and tell others on FB about here. Most are still drawn to Movie Chat, and Movie Board. I guess just play it by ear, and maybe in the next months being summer movies we might get more on here.