Review Ray Bradbury

CoriSCapnSkip

Member: Rank 2
07bradbury2-span-jumbo.jpg

So he deserves the first thread on this board!

(If this is breaking some rule, please advise, but as far as I am concerned this is a noble endeavor for all posterity.)

Actually what happened is I got to thinking about all the great material besides message board posts which will be lost when IMDb inevitably goes belly-up for lack of message boards. Many reviews will be saved, once chosen alternative sites are really up and running, as disgruntled users remove theirs from IMDb, but what about other areas such as user comments? It occurred to me some should be saved if possible. To prove these are genuine original IMDb comments, I am saving them in the form of screenshots.

Ray Bradbury is the most wonderful writer of all time, and his two most memorable stories, going by the number of posts devoted to them on his Official Message Board here http://raybradburyboard.com/groupee?s=8881014801&ORIGINAL_REFERRER_URL=http://raybradburyboard.com/groupee, are "All Summer in a Day" and "A Sound of Thunder." "A Sound of Thunder" has, unfortunately, not been well-translated into cinema form, but since a wonderful short film of "All Summer in a Day" was made in 1982, we will commence with user comments on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Ray Douglas Bradbury (August 22, 1920 – June 5, 2012) was an American author and screenwriter. He worked in a variety of genres, including fantasy, science fiction, horror, and mystery fiction.

Widely known for his dystopian novel Fahrenheit 451 (1953), and his science-fiction and horror-story collections, The Martian Chronicles (1950), The Illustrated Man (1951), and I Sing the Body Electric (1969), Bradbury was one of the most celebrated 20th- and 21st-century American writers. While most of his best known work is in speculative fiction, he also wrote in other genres, such as the coming-of-age novel Dandelion Wine (1957) and the fictionalized memoir Green Shadows, White Whale (1992).

Recipient of numerous awards, including a 2007 Pulitzer Citation, Bradbury also wrote and consulted on screenplays and television scripts, including Moby Dick and It Came from Outer Space. Many of his works were adapted to comic book, television, and film formats.

On his death in 2012, The New York Times called Bradbury "the writer most responsible for bringing modern science fiction into the literary mainstream"

Last edited:

CoriSCapnSkip

Member: Rank 2
Over the course of over 40 years (I started young) I have made it a goal to read Ray Bradbury's every published word (so far I have managed to read most), as well as taking in many film and audio adaptations.

When I graduated college and my dad asked me what I would like as a present, I said a ticket to visit Waukegan, Illinois (Ray Bradbury's birthplace) and he got me one! I have since heard from other people who visited, but I may be the only person in history who requested a visit as a graduation gift!

I moderate the message board on Ray's official website and have several small shrines around the house and a large one in the yard dedicated to him, have visited him in his home when he was alive, (it took me 19 years of effort to secure an invite), attended his 90th birthday celebration, and visited his grave after his passing. Also I used to convince friends and neighbors to dress as characters from his stories and pose for pictures, but I have not done that in years, I swear I haven't. But if someone wants to be in some pictures I would take some. I presented Ray with photo albums of the Waukegan trip (mailed) and some of the best story illustrations (in person). I may not be in the top ten of Bradbury friends and scholars but I know most of the names and have met many of them. Otherwise I don't think of him at all.

Please visit us on Ray's official board, where we are bored, lonely, and approaching being very nearly wretched. Many of the readers have gone to Social Media, just as a site which shall remain nameless predicted. Thank you for your consideration. http://raybradburyboard.com/eve