Review Robert Osborne (Turner Classic Movies host)

PF4Eva

Member: Rank 3
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-robert-osborne-dies-20170306-story.html

Former actor-turned-film historian and face of Turner Classic Movies, Robert Osborne, has died at the age of 84. He started out as an actor for Desilu until Lucy told him he might not enjoy acting. He appeared in the pilot for The Beverly Hillbillies.

Eventually, Osborne became a film historian, and had hosted Turner Classic Movies since its 1994 debut. In 2011, he took a leave of absence. They had been grooming Ben Mankiewicz (of the famous Mankiewicz family) as his successor.

RIP

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:emoji_frowning2:~ It broke my heart to find out that Robert Osborne passed away. He will be dearly missed. Now its a bit sad to watch TCM without him. He always conducted and expressed beautifully each film, film's period & their actors. Robert Osborne was a true legendary, classic film historian. I loved how he interviewed each one of his interviews with the stars. Farewell Mr. Robert Osborne. May you rest in peace.:emoji_pray:

*~:emoji_blossom:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:

"Life is never what you planned
Life is moments you can't understand
And that is life

Holding to the ground
As the ground keeps shifting
Trying to keep sane
As the rules keep changing"

By: Falsettos