Review Robin Williams

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I think it was such a shock to see such a positive life force as Robin WIlliams give up on life.

I think that is why his death was so upsetting for many people, because on the face of it, he would seem to be the last person to give up on life.. But his work endures and hopefully he will be remembered for the work, rather than the circumstances of his passing.

streak1981

Member: Rank 3
I'm bipolar, schizoaffective, & have PTSD as well (hell of a combo, I know), & I can understand why he would resort to such measures. Robin was bipolar (from what I've heard), & had just been diagnosed as having Parkinson's (an even worse combo)... Who knows what went through his mind before he took his own life? Maybe he felt that it was all too much to deal w/?

I'm not excusing or condoning what he did, I'm just saying that it's understandable. I remember having suicidal thoughts in my early twenties (due to the PTSD), yet I never followed through w/ it (attempted once, changed my mind at the last second). It's sad that he felt that this was the only way to deal &/or end his issues.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Short answer: yes I think he was a wonderful and outrageous stand-up comedian (from what I've seen on video, sadly never live); also a great actor - and the two don't always go together. Anyone who could deliver the performances he did in Good Morning Vietnam, Mrs Doubtfire and Dead Poets' was covering a lot of bases with huge wit, integrity and style. He's left us a lot, shame it couldn't be more.

Doctor Omega

Robin Williams Last Interview Before Suicide

Discussing NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3

His farewell scene .....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Trailer: HBO’s Robin Williams Documentary

trailer-hbos-robin-williams-documentary-696x464.jpg

Nearly five years on from his passing, HBO has released a trailer for its upcoming documentary “Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind” which gives us a good look at the comedian’s past and his work.

Marina Zenovich helms the film which drew raves at Sundance and covers Williams’ life from childhood to his stand-up comic and stage performances, to his latter days when he was married with three kids.

The documentary features interviews with colleagues and fellow comedians including Billy Crystal, Lewis Black, Eric Idle, Whoopi Goldberg, David Letterman, Steve Martin, Pam Dawber and Zak Williams. The film airs on HBO on July 16th.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Robin Williams
Time Life has announced “Robin Williams: Comic Genius,” a 22-disc DVD box set which includes all of late comedian Robin Williams’ stand-up specials, including some never-before-seen shows, late night talk show appearances and other interviews, USO shows, and the recently released HBO documentary “Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind”. The set releases November 5th.