Review Rosa (2018)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0.jpg

Your thoughts on this story.....

The Doctor takes her companions on their first journey back in time - to the dangerous, racially segregated world of Alabama in the 1950s. They encounter one of the era's heroes, black civil rights campaigner Rosa Parks, but also discover a plot to change the course of history.....

ROSA PARKS THREAD......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/rosa-parks.4548/

On to Next Episode....

ARACHNIDS IN THE UK.......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/series-11-episode-4.5254/

Back to previous episode....

THE GHOST MONUMENT......

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/series-11-episode-2.5252/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

gewreg.jpg

The Doctor takes her companions on their first journey back in time - to the dangerous, racially segregated world of Alabama in the 1950s. They encounter one of the era's heroes, black civil rights campaigner Rosa Parks, but also discover a plot to change the course of history. Vinette Robinson (Sherlock, The A Word) guest stars in an episode by acclaimed children's author Malorie Blackman.

CAST & CREW

The Doctor Jodie Whittaker
Graham O'Brien Bradley Walsh
Ryan Sinclair Tosin Cole
Yasmin Khan Mandip Gill
Rosa Parks Vinette Robinson
Krasko Joshua Bowman
James Blake Trevor White
Mr Steele Richard Lothian
Police officer Mason Gareth Marks
Raymond Parks David Rubin
Martin Luther King Ray Sesay
Fred Gray Aki Omoshaybi
Elias Griffin Jr David Dukas
Arthur Morgan Deare
Waitress Jessica Claire Preddy
Director Mark Tonderai
Executive Producer Chris Chinballs
Executive Producer Matt Strevens
Series Producer Nikki Wilson
Writer Malorie Blackman
Writer Chris Chinballs

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Woah. Within only a few minutes, I was uncomfortable, and that's a good thing. This episode didn't pull any punches in reference to the racism expressed by many Southern whites of the time. I thought it was, so far, the best episode of the season, even if I have one major issue.
Krasko. Dafuq? All we get is that he was held in Stormgate (the prison that held River) for his partaking in murdering 2000 people. He has since been given an inhibitor via Olag Gan, so he can't kill, but he has a vortex manipulator for traveling and a weapon that sends people anywhere in time. And he's here to stop Rosa Parks because...he's racist? Fine, make him racist, but other than that, he has no motivation. For me, that was the weak point in an otherwise great episode.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I really liked the woman who played Rosa Parks. And you really do feel the racism. I hated all those people. Poor Ryan.

But yeah ... who was Krasko and what was his motivation, I agree.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
But yeah ... who was Krasko and what was his motivation, I agree.
There's a lot of fan speculation that Krasko will appear again and play some big part in the latter part of the series. I don't know how to take that, since Chibs has been pretty adamant that there won't be an arc this series, but I guess that wouldn't necessarily be considered an arc, per se.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
There's a lot of fan speculation that Krasko will appear again and play some big part in the latter part of the series. I don't know how to take that, since Chibs has been pretty adamant that there won't be an arc this series, but I guess that wouldn't necessarily be considered an arc, per se.
Welllll ... I feel ambivalent about that. He wasn’t a particularly memorable character - pretty one note and vague. And as was pointed out, does racism still exist in the 25th century? An earlier episode with Bill confirms that racism doesn’t affect black people anymore - it’s more against blue people.