High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Yep, I guess you will have the comic book nerds protecting him, and I really want to see this woman go after him. You don't mess with the comic book guru guy. I thought this trend would die out, and be done with it.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
The odd thing is that there has not been a whisper of predatory behaviour over the years regarding Lee. Yes, credit hogging, but nothing lecherous.

Suddenly, in the wake of recent events.... this.

I do suspect that we will see the usual shallow - guilty until proven innocent - response from Hollywood/Disney though and that we have seen our last cameo from Stan in any of the movies. We might even get a "Stan felt that snipping his cameo from Infinity War was the sensible thing to do in the current circumstances, as he did not want to draw the wrong kind of attention to the movie" kind of response from the Mighty Mouse.

Doctor Omega

James Franco Responds To Misconduct Claims

james-franco-responds-to-misconduct-claims-696x464.jpg

Appearing on Stephen Colbert’s talk show last night, James Franco has addressed recent sexual misconduct allegations levelled at him in the wake of his win for “The Disaster Artist” at the Golden Globes on Sunday night.

Franco was criticized by social media users for wearing a Time’s Up pin to the ceremony, a pin showing his solidarity with the movement against sexual harassment. “Breakfast Club” star Ally Sheedy, who worked with Franco on stage several years ago, made several vague references to the actor on Twitter on Sunday before deleting them.

That was followed by actress Violet Paley and filmmaker Sarah Tither-Kaplan accusing Franco on Twitter of earlier instances of sexual misconduct. When Colbert asked Franco about the allegations, he responded:

“Things that I heard were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice… If there is restitution to be made I will make it. If I have done something wrong, I will fix it. I have to. I think that’s how that works. I don’t want else to do…I’m here to listen and learn, and change my perspective where it’s off. I’m completely willing, and want to.”

Franco also told Colbert he did not know what prompted Sheedy’s comments:

“I have no idea what I did to Ally Sheedy … I had nothing but a great time with her. I have total respect for her. I have no idea why she was upset. She took the tweet down … I can’t speak for her.”

The interview followed the cancellation of a TimesTalk with Franco and devoted to “The Disaster Artist” just one day before it was scheduled to happen. The Times issued a statement about the move saying: “Given the controversy surrounding recent allegations, we’re no longer comfortable proceeding in that vein.”

The recent controversy follows on from one in 2014 when a 17-year-old Scottish girl visiting New York accused Franco of using Instagram to try to arrange a visit to her hotel room.

Doctor Omega

Also caught up in sexual misconduct allegations yesterday was comics legend Stan Lee was the subject of a report in the British tabloid The Daily Mail alleging that multiple unnamed nurses are accusing Lee of groping them and ‘demanding that they perform sex acts on him’. Lee’s attorney quickly issued a statement to Syfycategorically denying the allegations labelling them false and defamatory.

Doctor Omega

Additionally, Michael Douglas has pre-emptively come out with a statement denying claims of sexual harassment before they are even published. The 73-year-old actor denied masturbating in front of a woman 32 years ago, calling it a “complete lie” in an interview with Deadline (via Sky).

Doctor Omega

Misconduct Scandals: Lee, Ansari, Kramer & More

misconduct-scandals-lee-ansari-kramer-more-696x464.jpg

It has been a very busy weekend on the sexual misconduct scandal front with numerous new names being caught up, and other earlier ones being expanded upon with fresh allegations.

Arguably the most surprising was the reveal by former “Buffy” and “Dollhouse” actress Eliza Dushku who, in a lengthy Facebook post, has accused famed stunt co-ordinator Joel Kramer of sexually molesting her when she was 12 years old during the filming of James Cameron’s “True Lies”.

Kramer, who has long been Schwarzenegger personal stunt double, was the film’s stunt coordinator. Dushku also claims that after Kramer was confronted by an adult she’d confided in, he intentionally injured her, breaking her ribs in a stunt that went wrong during the filming of the famed Harrier Jet scene.

Kramer tells Deadline: “These are outlandish, manipulated lies. I never sexually molested her. I’m sick to my stomach. It’s not true. I think she’s making this up in her imagination. This is all lies. Lies, lies, lies.”

Director James Cameron has commended Dushku. Appearing at the TCA on Saturday, just after the story broke, Cameron said (via Variety) he had no idea what happened until this story and that: “Eliza is very brave for speaking up. I think all the women are that are speaking up and calling for a reckoning now (are brave)… Had I known about it, there would have been no mercy. I have three daughters. There’d really be no mercy now.”

The claims against Kramer hit as new allegations have arisen over Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee. Early in the week Lee was accused by former carers of inappropriate sexual behaviour and assault. Further allegations have now surfaced from a female masseuse at a Chicago hotel over an incident last year.

A source alleges to The Daily Mail that Stan groped her and asked her for sex which the woman refused, he then started to masturbate while she was massaging him. She made a complaint to his people about the behavior which has ‘been going on for years’ and took place before Lee’s wife died. Lee’s lawyer categorically denies these allegations.

Golden Globe award-winning comedian Aziz Ansari has been accused of sexual misconduct by a 23-year-old female photographer who claims she went on a date with him last year. Feminist website Babe posted the lengthy article in which the source goes into details of her encounter which allegedly took place last year after they met at an Emmy Awards afterparty.

Unlike other misconduct scandals of late though, this one is proving even more divisive in reaction because the source goes into such great detail that it paints an unflattering picture of a very awkward and clumsy date, and in the process people are responding to the details quite differently as it brings up talk of the line between coercion and consent, between ‘being pushy’ and sexual assault.

Then there’s a New York Times report in which more than a dozen male models and assistants allege they were sexually exploited by famed photographers Mario Testino and Bruce Weber including “unnecessary nudity” and “coercive sexual behaviour”. Additionally, The Los Angeles police department has revealed to THR that Steven Seagal is currently under investigation for sexual assault following accusations made by a number of actresses back in November.

Finally, the James Franco allegations have expanded to include more names past the initial ones that hit right after the Golden Globes. At least five women have now come forward to The L.A. Times to accuse Franco of sexually inappropriate or exploitative behavior, many of which were former acting students of Franco’s that attended either Playhouse West or his ‘Studio 4’ acting courses – the latter of which abruptly closed last fall.

Doctor Omega

More Developments In “True Lies” Scandal

more-developments-in-true-lies-scandal-696x464.jpg

Two further allegations of misconduct have arisen against Joel Kramer, the stunt coordinator who this past weekend was accused of sexually assaulting Eliza Dushku when she was 12 years old on the set of 1994s “True Lies” reports Deadline.

Stuntwoman Laura Albert said in a statement that Kramer coerced a sixteen-year-old girl, a friend of Albert’s younger sister, into having sex while Albert was working on “Virus” in North Carolina in 1997.

Another stunt woman also came forward with a new allegation of an incident in the late 70s/80s where she says he forced her to perform oral sex on him. Kramer has denied that allegations, labelling the second one a fabrication, but either way his talent agency has now dropped him.

Dushku’s original accusations have been supported by several people, including her legal guardian on the set, and her on screen parents Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnold Schwarzenegger who’ve both released statements backing Dushku all the way.

Doctor Omega

Amazon May Dump Woody Allen’s Next Movie

amazon-may-dump-woody-allens-next-696x464.jpg

Having been his biggest supporter in recent years, Amazon may be getting out of the Woody Allen business with Vulture reporting that the release of his 2018 film “A Rainy Day in New York” is going to be negatively affected if not cancelled by the groundswell of anti-Allen sentiment.

The 82-year-old Allen, coming off the critical and commercial failure of “Wonder Wheel,” has been hit hard in recent weeks as the #TimesUp and #MeToo movements and the publishing of fresh interviews and articles relating to the sexual assault allegations that daughter Dylan Farrow and her mother Mia Farrow have made for decades.

He’s now persona non grata in Hollywood. Various actors, including some of his key regulars and even some newer ones like ‘Rainy Day’ star Timothee Chalamet, are abandoning him and are publicly disassociating themselves. In more than a few cases they are also donating their salaries from those films to charity.

Not helping is that the person who wooed Allen away from his regular home at Sony Pictures Classics to Amazon was former Amazon Studios chief Roy Price who resigned in October after allegations surfaced that he had sexually harassed a key producer.

The outlet speculates that Amazon will potentially skip a theatrical release and quietly post the film on Amazon Prime, without fanfare, sometime later this year even as Allen likely had a contract for a theatrical release – meaning there may have to be renegotiations.

Doctor Omega

“Wonder Woman 2” Leads New Movie Guidelines

gadot-explains-key-wonder-woman-retcon-696x464.jpg

The “Wonder Woman” sequel will be the first film production to implement a newly released set of guidelines by the Producer’s Guild of America. The aim of these guidelines? To prevent and deal with sexual harassment on film sets.

The guidelines spell out a number of ways film productions can stymie the tide of sexual harassment on sets including designating advocates on set to whom workers can report concerns without fear of reprisal.

The announcement came at the Producer’s Guild of America Awards on Saturday reports Vanity Fair (via Screen Rant). It follows in the wake of the first “Wonder Woman” being produced by Brett Ratner, who was accused of sexual harassment by a number of women including Ellen Page. Ratner isn’t involved in the sequel which begins shooting mid-year ahead of a late 2019 release.

Doctor Omega

Uma Thurman On Weinstein, Tarantino & Assault

uma-thurman-on-weinstein-tarantino-assault-696x464.jpg

Shortly after the Harvey Weinstein scandal story broke back in October, actress Uma Thurman was asked on the red carpet at an event for her take. Thurman, who worked with Weinstein on Quentin Tarantino’s “Pulp Fiction” and “Kill Bill,” was literally holding in her rage and said she would talk about her Weinstein story at a later date when she had ‘calmed down’.

Now, a few months on, she’s finally spoken about it in a lengthy piece for The New York Times which should be read for the full context. Starting things off by stressing her former agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) was connected to Weinstein’s predatory behavior, she reveals the first ‘attack’ she suffered at Weinstein’s hands took place at a suite at the Savoy Hotel in London:

“He pushed me down. He tried to shove himself on me. He tried to expose himself. He did all kinds of unpleasant things. But he didn’t actually put his back into it and force me. You’re like an animal wriggling away, like a lizard.”

The next day he sent her a huge box of roses. She thought she could confront him and clear it up and went with a friend to the Savoy. Thurman warned Weinstein: “If you do what you did to me to other people you will lose your career, your reputation and your family, I promise you.” She says he then turned the tables on her and threatened to derail her career, which he was in much more of a position to do.

After that she wouldn’t give him the time of day, but was under contract for several projects with his company. As a result, she could tolerate the mogul in supervised environments and thought she had “aged out of the window of his assault range”. She even managed to get a half-hearted apology out of him at one point in 2001.

Then came an incident at the very end of the “Kill Bill” shoot where she was driving a blue convertible on a sandy road at fairly high speed. She says she insisted that she didn’t feel comfortable operating the car, especially after she was advised it wasn’t working well and the seat wasn’t screwed down properly, but she was pushed to repeatedly anyway.

The result was a crash which left her in a neck brace and with a concussion and damaged knees, but easily could’ve been far worse. This ultimately led to a falling out between Tarantino and Thurman right before the promotional tour for the films:

“When they turned on me after the accident, I went from being a creative contributor and performer to being like a broken tool. Harvey assaulted me but that didn’t kill me. What really got me about the crash was that it was a cheap shot. I had been through so many rings of fire by that point.

I had really always felt a connection to the greater good in my work with Quentin and most of what I allowed to happen to me and what I participated in was kind of like a horrible mud wrestle with a very angry brother. But at least I had some say, you know?

Personally, it has taken me 47 years to stop calling people who are mean to you ‘in love’ with you. It took a long time because I think that as little girls we are conditioned to believe that cruelty and love somehow have a connection and that is like the sort of era that we need to evolve out of.”

Video of the crash can be seen in the article. Shot from a camera mounted on the rear of the car, Thurman tried to get her hands on for nearly fifteen years and its only in recent months that she was able to obtain it from Tarantino. Thurman also laments her inability to come forward with these traumatic allegations:

“The complicated feeling I have about Harvey is how bad I feel about all the women that were attacked after I was…I am one of the reasons that a young girl would walk into his room alone, the way I did. Quentin used Harvey as the executive producer of ‘Kill Bill,’ a movie that symbolizes female empowerment. And all these lambs walked into slaughter because they were convinced nobody rises to such a position who would do something illegal to you, but they do.”

Weinstein has long denied allegations of non-consensual sex and comments from a spokesman can be seen in the article.

Doctor Omega

Tarantino Responds To Recent Thurman Article

tarantino-responds-to-recent-thurman-article-696x464.jpg

Over the weekend came a New York Times piece in which actress Uma Thurman finally spoke about her rage against and assault at the hands of former Miramax chief and disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Penned by Maureen Dowd, what surprised about the piece wasn’t the Weinstein stuff, but rather the not so flattering treatment of filmmaker Quentin Tarantino including footage of a car stunt in “Kill Bill” that Thurman was pushed to do by the director despite expressing hesitancy, a stunt that went horribly wrong and left her with permanent injuries.

At the same time there was talk of two other moments including one when Tarantino spit on her face and another where she was choked with a chain – both scenes done deliberately. That she was put in such a dangerous situation speaks of gross negligence at best and has sparked condemnation from around Hollywood with the focus of both the talk and outrage directed at Tarantino rather than Weinstein.

Now, Tarantino has given a lengthy interview to Deadline explaining his side of the story, the reaction to the article, his and Thurman’s discussion of it and more. Like most accidents, it was a combination of several bad things that led to the incident on the “Kill Bill” set about which he says: “It was heartbreaking. Beyond one of the biggest regrets of my career, it is one of the biggest regrets of my life. For a myriad of reasons.”

Though some of the elements get explained, reactions to the new piece haven’t been kind and called it everything from ‘damage control’ to a self-congratulating attempt to absolve himself of responsibility. It has also led to the dredging up of old stuff the filmmaker probably wishes he could leave behind him.

The most notable on that front is a report at Jezebel has picked up an old interview conducted with Tarantino by Howard Stern in which Stern asks Tarantino about another interview, a red carpet one conducted years before, in which he adamantly defends Roman Polanski’s sexual assault of a 13-year-old in 1977. You can hear the full audio here.

Tarantino is currently working on his next feature which will open on August 9th 2019.

Doctor Omega

10 Old Hollywood Scandals That History Forgot

During the golden age of Hollywood, secret stories happening behind the scenes were often more intriguing, and certainly darker, than anything on the silver screen. In an era of sanitized, often puritanical popular entertainment, old Hollywood scandals seeped in moral bankruptcy were fueling the creative, administrative, and financial branches of the motion picture industry. From studios hooking impressionable kids on drugs to women forced into abortions to maintain their image, scandals old Hollywood covered up will certainly change the way you look at tinsel town's rose-tinted past. In an era when studios had fixers who used money and intimidation to save the reputation of a starlet or the studio, countless scandals were covered up. Many of these secret old Hollywood scandals were swept under the rug when they happened, and sealed in airtight boxes for several subsequent generations, in an attempt to erase them from history, to preserve the legacy of those involved. In other cases, the public got wind, then, not soon thereafter, simply forgot they'd happened in the first place. But as the years have passed, many of these secrets and cover ups have been revealed, showing a darker side to the studios and stars of old Hollywood

Doctor Omega

Warners Cuts Final Ties With Brett Ratner

warners-cuts-final-ties-with-brett-ratner-696x464.jpg

Warners Bros. Pictures has officially confirmed it will not renew its $450-million co-financing deal with disgraced filmmaker Brett Ratner and his RatPac-Dune Entertainment label.

Struck in 2013, the Warners & RatPac-Dune co-financing pact had been scheduled to expire this spring after more than seventy films together. This week’s “Rampage” marks the release of the final film in the deal.

The studio initially indicated it was opting not to renew a first-look deal in November after allegations of sexual misconduct first surfaced in the Los Angeles Times last November.

Anthony Hopkins and director Brett Ratner interview on Red Dragon on Charlie Rose (2002)

Director Brett Ratner and actor Anthony Hopkins talk about the reprisal of Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter in the prequel, Red Dragon.

Doctor Omega

Morgan Freeman Apologises About Behavior

morgan-freeman-apologises-about-behavior.jpg

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman has issued an apology to anyone who felt “uncomfortable or disrespected” by his behaviour.

The eighty-year-old actor was the subject of a CNN report yesterday in which multiple women accused him of sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour on movie sets and in other professional settings over the years.

In a statement sent by his publicist, Stan Rosenfield, he says: “Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy. I apologise to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent.”

The report included the account of a production assistant on last year’s “Going In Style” who detailed an incident in which the actor repeatedly tried to lift up her skirt, and asked if she was wearing underwear. He also reportedly subjected her to unwanted touching and comments on a near-daily basis on the film.

Other women alleged he made frequent comments about their bodies, or would stare at them in ways that made them uncomfortable. In all, eight said they had experienced harassment or inappropriate behaviour, and eight said they had witnessed such conduct.

Seven of the group said this behavior took place at his production company Revelations Entertainment. Three were entertainment reporters, including the co-author of the article who described an incident in which he wouldn’t let go of her hand as he eyed her up and down and said a variation of ‘you are ripe’ amongst other things more than once.

Doctor Omega

Weinstein Expected To Surrender To Authorities

bbc-orders-feature-length-weinstein-doco-696x464.jpg

It’s going to be a big day today from the sounds of it as The New York Daily Newsreports that disgraced former movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is expected to surrender himself over to authorities in New York City on Friday.

Weinstein is expected to be charged in a case brought against him by Lucia Evans, who claimed he forced her into a sexual situation in 2004. Because of the nature of the allegations, the statute of limitations does not apply.

The allegation is one of only dozens to come to light in recent months, and It’s unclear if there will be any other additional charges against Weinstein. There are, however, multiple investigations going on concurrently with the Evans case.

Doctor Omega

Freeman Issues Longer Allegation Response

freeman-issues-longer-allegation-response-696x464.jpg

After being accused of sexual harassment by several women on Thursday, veteran actor Morgan Freeman has now issued a longer statement in response to the allegations.

CNN had reported that eight women said Freeman created an uncomfortable work environment with frequent sexual comments and unwanted touching. On Thursday, he issued a brief apology. Now, through his publicist Stan Rosenfield, Freeman released the following:

“I am devastated that 80 years of my life is at risk of being undermined, in the blink of an eye, by Thursday’s media reports. All victims of assault and harassment deserve to be heard. And we need to listen to them. But it is not right to equate horrific incidents of sexual assault with misplaced compliments or humor.

I admit that I am someone who feels a need to try to make women – and men – feel appreciated and at ease around me. As a part of that, I would often try to joke with and compliment women, in what I thought was a light-hearted and humorous way. Clearly I was not always coming across the way I intended. And that is why I apologized Thursday and will continue to apologize to anyone I might have upset, however unintentionally.

But I also want to be clear: I did not create unsafe work environments. I did not assault women. I did not offer employment or advancement in exchange for sex. Any suggestion that I did so is completely false.”

The longer statement was issued late Friday. The accusations weren’t restricted to a single environment with the alleged unwanted behavior pattern taking place across movie sets, during media interviews or working at his production company Revelations Entertainment.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Some evil mastermind must really hate David Fincher's Se7en...

They are trying to put the entire cast in jail! :emoji_head_bandage:

Run, Brad, run!

Last edited: