News Scandal: Then & Now!

Discussion in 'Fame & Infamy' started by Doctor Omega, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Morgan Freeman Apologises About Behavior

morgan-freeman-apologises-about-behavior.jpg

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman has issued an apology to anyone who felt “uncomfortable or disrespected” by his behaviour.

The eighty-year-old actor was the subject of a CNN report yesterday in which multiple women accused him of sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour on movie sets and in other professional settings over the years.

In a statement sent by his publicist, Stan Rosenfield, he says: “Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy. I apologise to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent.”

The report included the account of a production assistant on last year’s “Going In Style” who detailed an incident in which the actor repeatedly tried to lift up her skirt, and asked if she was wearing underwear. He also reportedly subjected her to unwanted touching and comments on a near-daily basis on the film.

Other women alleged he made frequent comments about their bodies, or would stare at them in ways that made them uncomfortable. In all, eight said they had experienced harassment or inappropriate behaviour, and eight said they had witnessed such conduct.

Seven of the group said this behavior took place at his production company Revelations Entertainment. Three were entertainment reporters, including the co-author of the article who described an incident in which he wouldn’t let go of her hand as he eyed her up and down and said a variation of ‘you are ripe’ amongst other things more than once.

3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Weinstein Expected To Surrender To Authorities

bbc-orders-feature-length-weinstein-doco-696x464.jpg

It’s going to be a big day today from the sounds of it as The New York Daily Newsreports that disgraced former movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is expected to surrender himself over to authorities in New York City on Friday.

Weinstein is expected to be charged in a case brought against him by Lucia Evans, who claimed he forced her into a sexual situation in 2004. Because of the nature of the allegations, the statute of limitations does not apply.

The allegation is one of only dozens to come to light in recent months, and It’s unclear if there will be any other additional charges against Weinstein. There are, however, multiple investigations going on concurrently with the Evans case.

4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Freeman Issues Longer Allegation Response

freeman-issues-longer-allegation-response-696x464.jpg

After being accused of sexual harassment by several women on Thursday, veteran actor Morgan Freeman has now issued a longer statement in response to the allegations.

CNN had reported that eight women said Freeman created an uncomfortable work environment with frequent sexual comments and unwanted touching. On Thursday, he issued a brief apology. Now, through his publicist Stan Rosenfield, Freeman released the following:

“I am devastated that 80 years of my life is at risk of being undermined, in the blink of an eye, by Thursday’s media reports. All victims of assault and harassment deserve to be heard. And we need to listen to them. But it is not right to equate horrific incidents of sexual assault with misplaced compliments or humor.

I admit that I am someone who feels a need to try to make women – and men – feel appreciated and at ease around me. As a part of that, I would often try to joke with and compliment women, in what I thought was a light-hearted and humorous way. Clearly I was not always coming across the way I intended. And that is why I apologized Thursday and will continue to apologize to anyone I might have upset, however unintentionally.

But I also want to be clear: I did not create unsafe work environments. I did not assault women. I did not offer employment or advancement in exchange for sex. Any suggestion that I did so is completely false.”

The longer statement was issued late Friday. The accusations weren’t restricted to a single environment with the alleged unwanted behavior pattern taking place across movie sets, during media interviews or working at his production company Revelations Entertainment.

#84 Doctor Omega, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Some evil mastermind must really hate David Fincher's Se7en...

They are trying to put the entire cast in jail! :emoji_head_bandage:

Run, Brad, run!

#86 Doctor Omega, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  7. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1