News Season Eight (2019)

Discussion in 'Game Of Thrones' started by Doctor Omega, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

mg_got_theend_comp.png

So, how do we all think it's gonna play out? :emoji_confused:

2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Six episodes only is a heck of a crunch.

I suspect that a general sense of disappointment looms!

3. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

Final “Thrones” Season Will Cost $15M Per Ep

final-thrones-season-will-cost-15m-per-episode-696x464.jpg

HBO’s six-episode final season of “Game of Thrones” isn’t coming cheap with Varietyreporting that the episodes will come in at a budget of $15 million each.

That would make it one of the more costly series around, above Netflix’s “The Get Down” at $11M, “The Crown” and “Westworld” at $10M and the likes of “American Gods” and “Stranger Things” at $8M.

Of course, reports are the new episodes will all clock in at well over an hour a piece which makes the extra expenditure quite justifiable. Filming on the final batch of episodes kicks off soon ahead of an early 2019 airing.

4. johnnybear

johnnybear Member: Rank 4

Blimey it's ending? As someone who has only seen the first series of ten episodes (but will see two and three at least) I had thoughts that this show would go on forever! The Walking Dead has reached series eight and there is no end in sight...
    JB

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

They are planning spin offs galore apparently. Prequels, sequels, sidequels. I am sure that they will end up fatiguing the public in one way or another and people will be sick of it. Such a shame when they milk an idea and this particular creative universe to death, instead of knowing when to quit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Contributor

“Game of Thrones” S8 Locked For 2019

game-of-thrones-s8-locked-for-2019-696x464.jpg

It has been rumored, but now it has seemingly been confirmed by actress Sophie Turner that the eighth and final season of “Game of Thrones,” consisting of six movie-length episodes, won’t hit until 2019.

Speaking with Variety, Turner confirmed the later than usual airing and spoke about her character’s place in the final batch of episodes:

“It’s going to be tricky for her, because at the end of last season, she felt that she had everything set up. She had her family back together. They were in control of the North again. This season, there’s a new threat, and all of a sudden she finds herself somewhat back in the deep end. And without Littlefinger, it’s a test for her of whether she can get through it. It’s a big challenge for her, without this master manipulator having her back. This season is more a passionate fight for her than a political, manipulative kind of fight.”

All the major cast is back for the new episodes which are currently in production that will continue well into next year with another 6-7 months to go.

7. johnnybear

johnnybear Member: Rank 4

I've just started watching season four, borrowed from a friend that's a big fan, so I'm not sure of what's going to happen next!
    JB

• Like Like x 2