Review Seinfeld (1989 - 1998)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
This is one of those shows that I really didn't care much for during its initial run, and only found some likability of after it ended, and even then, I can only watch so much. Honestly, the characters drive me crazy. It certainly has moments, but I don't know what my favorite of them would be.

I will say that, after spending most of my adult life dealing with the public, I empathize more and more with the Soup Nazi. Because the average customer is an idiot and needs to be treated like that.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
I actually laugh more at Friends than Seinfeld and prefer the emotional development of the characters but I do recognise that's the whole point of Seinfeld. These characters don't learn, they don't help each other out, they don't cry or become emotional unless it's for selfish reasons. They stay exactly the same throughout. The show is so clever and ground breaking in that regard. It avoids all schmaltz and maintains its cynicism throughout.

It can be best summed up with these lines...

Is this about me?
No.
Then I've lost interest.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
George sitting at him and listening to his friends ringing him up on the phone while his specially recorded message tells them that George isn't home at the moment and where could he be!

JB