Review Series 11 (2018)

Lucas

Member: Rank 4
0.jpg

Upcoming showrunner for Series 11 and onwards Chris Chibnall reportedly told the Radiotimes he has “not yet been able to fully dedicate himself to Doctor Who” and thus there's a rumor that there will be yet another lengthy gap between seasons after Series 11 finishes airing sometime early-mid June.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumour-series-11-wont-air-until-autumn-2018-83046.htm

Well... what do we think about this possibility?

On to Series 12......

SERIES 12 THREAD.....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/doctor-who-series-12.5222/

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas

Member: Rank 4
Yeah I'm really not happy about this if it turns out to be true. I was really hoping the show would move back to April-May-June time for a few seasons now and this was the perfect opportunity. I also don't really want ANOTHER lengthy gap between seasons.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Upcoming showrunner for Series 11 and onwards Chris Chibnall reportedly told the Radiotimes he has “not yet been able to fully dedicate himself to Doctor Who” and thus there's a rumor that there will be yet another lengthy gap between seasons after Series 11 finishes airing sometime early-mid June.
Then what the hell's he doing in the job? If he's too busy, get someone else.

As for the lengthy gap... It won't be the first one and I doubt that it'll be the last one.

Then what the hell's he doing in the job? If he's too busy, get someone else.

As for the lengthy gap... It won't be the first one and I doubt that it'll be the last one.
Moffat couldn't be arsed with it most of the time either, spent a great deal of time on Sherlock which is why the seasons were so disjointed in his run.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I think that the show is in decline; and will end up having another hiatus before too long.

I never liked the fact that Moffat had to convince Chibnall over several bottles of wine, to take on the show, which suggests a lack of commitment on Chibnall's part and also that - if he will only do it because Moffat convinced him - then he must be on the same wavelength as Moffat.

God help us all.

ant-mac

Because it should create a lot of publicity for the show and if people don't know who will be playing the new Doctor maybe, it'll increase the number of those watching if only to find out who he or she is.
They'll hold another public relations event like they did with Peter Capaldi - and just about every other Doctor in New Who.

People will know who it will be long before their first serial is broadcast.

But, the good news is if they don't start filming season 11 till early 2018 there is a chance to they could keep the identity of the new Doctor secret till the 2017 Christmas special.
Not really possible, hundreds of people would know who it is before then because they'd have to interact with him during filming. There's no way the media don't find out.

AlanH49

Member: Rank 1
Not really possible, hundreds of people would know who it is before then because they'd have to interact with him during filming. There's no way the media don't find out.
Why would hundreds of people have to know we are not talking about the new Doctor being in all of the 2017 Xmas special just at the very end and they can film that part separately from the rest of the episode so only a very few would have to know. In fact, the new Doctor does not have to be in it at all.
We will know who the new Doctor is before series 11 starts, but that does not mean that they cannot keep it a secret till after the 2017 Xmas special.
But, just because they can does not mean that they will.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I strongly suspect that Ant Mac is right and I too think that they will not be able to resist making a big deal of it and will definitely hold a big show reveal before the Christmas Special to be honest.

It will be painfully entertaining, if only because we will have to watch the pitiable sight of Peter Capaldi wishing his usurper well and pretending that he hasn't been sacked...:emoji_cry:

Last edited:
Why would hundreds of people have to know we are not talking about the new Doctor being in all of the 2017 Xmas special just at the very end and they can film that part separately from the rest of the episode so only a very few would have to know. In fact, the new Doctor does not have to be in it at all.
We will know who the new Doctor is before series 11 starts, but that does not mean that they cannot keep it a secret till after the 2017 Xmas special.
But, just because they can does not mean that they will.
Even then there are a lot of people who would know, eg.

• Chris Chibnall
  • The actor himself
  • The actor's agent
  • Higher ups at the BBC
  • Whoever does the CGI for the regeneration
  • The companion (unless he regenerates alone)
And likely the families of all of the above. You'd also be able to narrow it down by calling the agents of actors considered for it and seeing if they're busy at the time of filming.

Even if none of them (or their families) speak to the newspapers you'd get people putting a fair amount of money on it with bookmakers causing whoever it is to be an overwhelming favourite.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
He said he was leaving voluntarily, and Chibnall begged him to stay ... I think he was sick of pseudo-fans asking "who's the new Doctor?" during his second season. I wanted to strangle every imdber who asked that question.

ant-mac

He said he was leaving voluntarily, and Chibnall begged him to stay ... I think he was sick of pseudo-fans asking "who's the new Doctor?" during his second season. I wanted to strangle every imdber who asked that question.
Why just strangle them? I have a scheme for true vengeance!

I plan to erase all of the IMDbers in one foul swoop!

They will all vanish into thin air! All proof of their existence will be forever deleted! It will be as if none of them had ever existed!

Oh wait, someone beat me to it. Bugger... :(