Review Shrek Forever After (2010)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Shrek Forever After is a 2010 American 3D computer-animated fantasy comedy-drama film. It is the fourth installment in the Shrek series, produced by DreamWorks Animation. Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, Antonio Banderas, Julie Andrews, John Cleese reprise their previous roles, with Walt Dohrn joining them in the role of Rumpelstiltskin.

Taking place after Shrek the Third, Shrek is now a family man and beloved among the local villagers. Yearning for the days when he was feared, he makes a deal with Rumpelstiltskin and accidentally wipes out his entire existence. To restore his existence, Shrek has to regain Fiona's love and kiss her before the sun rises, or he will disappear forever.

The film premiered on April 21, 2010 at the Tribeca Film Festival, and was theatrically released by Paramount Pictures1 on May 21, 2010 in the United States. It was also released in 3D and IMAX 3D formats. The film was the #1 film in the United States and Canada for three consecutive weeks and grossed a worldwide total of $752 million. Additionally, Shrek Forever After is DreamWorks Animation's second highest-grossing film at the foreign box office.

Shrek 5 is currently in development.....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/shrek-5-2019.2732/

Last edited:

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:emoji_grinning:~ I loved watching all of the Shrek movies, but I would have to say my favorites were the first one, second and this one. They were enjoyable and sweet. Any age could easily love.

*~:emoji_purple_heart:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:emoji_musical_score:
"Well you may not see me when you come back

I could be sharing someone else's pillow
And my love for you is better than diamonds
To you everything I bestow"

By: Mundy

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Happy to report I'm sure I've seen all the Shreks in totally the wrong order - depending on when I came across them on TV - and love them all. I'm pretty sure this was my first, so an extra soft spot for it! Slightly took the edge off finally seeing the first and wondering how things were going to turn out with Fiona, though....