Review Sliders (1995)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MV5BMTA1NjgyMzgyNzBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDI5MjI2MjE@._V1_.jpg

Your thoughts on this show......

A boy genius and his comrades travel to different parallel universes, trying to find their way back home.

Doctor Omega

Sliders - The Basics of the Parallel Universe Adventure Series - Geek Crash Course West

Michael continues our month of retro TV with a Geek Crash Course on Sliders. Learn all the essential info on the dimension-hopping adventures of Mallory, Arturo, Remy, Wade, Maggie, and the rest of the extended gang!

Doctor Omega

“Sliders” Reboot Has Been Considered?

sliders-reboot-has-been-considered-696x464.jpg

Sci-fi fans will remember “Sliders,” the sci-fi TV series about a group of people who use a handheld device with a plot-convenient random timer to jump through wormholes between parallel universes – ultimately hoping to get back to their own.

Jerry O’Connell and John Rhys-Davies led the cast of the series for a good portion of its five-season run which began on FOX and made its way to the Sci-Fi Channel through until the show wrapped in early 2000 with eighty-eight episodes in all produced.

Veteran actor Rhys-Davies, appearing at Toronto Comic-Con over the weekend, tells Flickering Myth that there has been talk of potentially rebooting the series, but there are complications:

“Jerry had been pestering me for a number of years and we’re actually talking to NBC at the moment to see if there’s any possibility of rebooting the series. They’re looking into the basic question of who actually owns it. At the moment we don’t seem to be able to find that out.

I would do it again, if just to show how it should be done. It could have been the best show on television, it could still be on the air. I think maybe if we got another chance at doing it with the new technology, but also new stories, I think we could do something quite extraordinary. I wouldn’t want to do it for the rest of my life, but I would do it for a season or two if it was right.”

Rhys-Davies was famously the first major cast member to exit the show, after which numerous others including O’Connell also jumped ship. Cleavant Derricks was the sole regular cast member to appear in all five seasons.