Review Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em (1973)

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
One of the great BBC comedies of all time.
" Mmmm Betty , why haven't we been mentioned before? No one likes me Betty"
" Of course they do Frank. They'll be plenty of people saying they like you"
" Oh mmm, nice"

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I remember seeing a couple of episodes back in the 90s when I first had BBC America, and I really didn't care for this show. However, seeing this clip makes me rethink that, and I just might have to give it another chance.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I remember seeing a couple of episodes back in the 90s when I first had BBC America, and I really didn't care for this show. However, seeing this clip makes me rethink that, and I just might have to give it another chance.
It's definitely worthwhile. Michael Crawford is incredibly talented and has wonderful comic sensibility.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
On 4 October 2015, it was reported that the BBC were planning a return of the sitcom, with Crawford and Dotrice purported to be involved in shooting scheduled for early 2016. The news was met extremely positively on social media.[5] On 18 March 2016, Michael Crawford and Michele Dotrice reprised their roles for a one-off sketch for Sport Relief. Cameo appearances included Sir Bradley Wiggins, Paul McCartneyand Jenson Button.[1]

Sketch for Sport Relief. Gemma Arterton guest stars as a grown up version of Baby Jessica, alongside Sir Paul McCartney, Jenson Button, Boris Johnson, Roy Hodgson, Arsène Wenger, David Walliams, Jessica Ennis, Bradley Wiggins, Clare Balding, Sir Chris Hoy, Sir Andy Murray, and Jamie Murray playing themselves, and featured Chris Wilson as the Newsagent.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I have posted this, but have yet to watch it.

I am expecting it to be a pale shadow of the original, like a warmed up leftover.

Was this revival - even for a good cause - a mistake?