Review Space 1999 (1975)

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Yes I heard about this on FB yesterday! A big surprise and very sad too! Zienia was only seventy two which is no age these days!
JB

Doctor Omega

Space: 1999 Original Eagle 1 Studio model (as seen today)

A refilmed & improved video (made 2009) showcasing the Original 44 inch Eagle One special effects model, from the 1970s Gerry Anderson television series Space: 1999. The only large model available at the start of filming (it was later joined by two other similar models at that size) it featured heavily in most episodes - and was crashed many times. Now 45 years old, it has been damaged and painted several times over the years but was given a major refurbishment in 2002 to return it to it's studio appearence and more importantly to prevent it falling apart. It should now easily last for another 45+!

johnnybear

I remember Dragon's Domain on the first screening back in 75 and I loved it!
Still do! All of the shows had something to offer!
Thanks for that, Doc!
JB

Doctor Omega

Dragon's Domain for me too. It was just terrifying at the time.. Just the casual - and so quick - way that it burned people to a crisp and spat them out.

johnnybear

Space 1999 used to be on ATV on Thursdays at 700pm in 1975 and Doctor Who was on Saturday evenings while most ITVs had 1999 but as soon as Who finished I rewatched the ending of Dragon on Anglia TV! The only way to rewatch something in the 70s and it would be 1982 before I had the episode on video tape, recorded from LWT in Oct 82 after they'd finished screening the first series at the end of summer and in my panic I wrote to them asking why they had omitted the best episode!!!
JB