Fun Stanley Kubrick

elanor

Member: Rank 3
IMO each of his films was a masterpiece of film making. I only like some not as much as others. But not one of those films I don't like would I call a dud.

Maybe there exist duds in his early work. I have not seen his films before Paths of Glory (1957). But then these are the films of his beginning. I think even a great director is allowed some duds in his early phase.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
A Clockwork Orange used to be my favorite movie. I don't like it anymore. And the second half of Full Metal Jacket is awful (you can tell the setting is a small section of Britain, not Viet Nam) and cliched. And Eyes Wide Shut ... ugh

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Adam Savage Visits the Stanley Kubrick Exhibition!

After making its way around the world, the incredible exhibition of Stanley Kubrick's work has arrived in San Francisco. Adam Savage tours the exhibit to show you some of his favorite items. From rare camera equipment to pre-production artwork and film props, these objects connect us to one of cinema's greatest minds. Learn more about the Stanley Kubrick exhibition here: http://www.thecjm.org/on-view/upcomin...

Doctor Omega

KUBRICK / TARKOVSKY

Two cinematic giants, side by side.

The films included are:

Stanley Kubrick

- Path of Glory (1957)
- Spartacus (1960)
- Lolita (1962)
- Dr. Strangelove (1964)
- 2001: A space odyssey (1968)
- A Clockwork Orange (1971)
- Barry Lyndon (1975)
- The Shining (1980)
- Full Metal Jacket (1987)
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

Andrei Tarkovsky

-Ivan's Childhood (1962)
- Andrei Rublev (1966)
- Solaris (1972)
- The Mirror (1975)
- Stalker (1979)
- Nostalghia (1983)
- The Sacrifice (1986)

Music: Max Richter- On the nature of daylight

Doctor Omega

Kubrick’s “Secret” Script Up For Sale Soon

kubricks-secret-script-up-for-sale-soon-696x464.jpg

Stanley Kubrick’s long-lost script “Burning Secret” is going up for auction at Bonhams New York later this month with Deadline reporting that the screenplay is expected to fetch in the region of $20,000.

An adaptation of the 1913 novella by Austrian writer Stefan Zweig and dubbed an ‘inverse Lolita’, the story follows a suave insurance salesman who befriends a ten-year-old boy at a spa resort so he is able seduce the child’s married mother.

Penned in 1956 with American novelist Calder Willingham, with both going on to collaborate on “Paths Of Glory” the following year, Kubrick’s version transfers the story to America of the 1950s. Certified by Kubrick experts and said to be virtually complete, the question has been raised as to whether a film or TV company will be interested.

The talk comes as Orson Welles’ semi-complete final movie finally saw a release on Netflix last week.

Doctor Omega

Stanley Kubrick's Opinion On Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, Schindler's List & Gone With The Wind

Interview with Frederic Raphael the co-author of Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut screenplay. Here he talks about Stanley's opinion on certain films, what he liked and what he didn't, here he talks about Stanley's opinion on Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, Gone With The Wind, Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List and Krzysztof Kieślowski's Dekalog

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I didn’t catch everything in that interview because the sound quality wasn’t great, but I think it’s funny he didn’t like Schindler’s List. I myself thought the ending was scmaltzy when I saw it.