Review Star One: Episode 26

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
068279fdce1180bf44ac258d5fe87db7--spaceships-science-fiction.jpg

star-01.jpg

Your thoughts on this episode.....

Blake leads the apprehensive crew of the Liberator out into intergalactic space to find and destroy Star One and cripple the Federation. What none of them realize is that Star One is already showing signs of sabotage. But since nobody but Blake's crew know the location of Star One, who could be causing it, and why?

On to the next episode....

AFTERMATH

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/aftermath-episode-27.3443/

Back to the previous episode....

THE KEEPER

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-keeper-episode-25.3438/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

A profound ending to the first half of Blake's 7.

The relationship between Avon and Blake is played out really well here. For a man who "really hates" Blake, he does so much to look after him and honour his wishes. And, finally, he does what Blake seems incapable of doing:
kills Travis!

It is interesting that Terry Nation wanted the alien force to turn out to be the Daleks, but that just would not have worked. Probably just him trying to revive Dalekmania at the expense of this series before he disappeared to California. I am glad that the production team nixed that idea. The Daleks are not what Blake's 7 is about.

The closing scene between Avon and Blake is, in retrospect, deeply moving. I am not convinced that Blake always trusted him, but it is clear that he does now. And Avon's determination to stay and fight shows him to be both an honourable man of his word and a person with a streak of loyalty.

And shame on Star Trek: TNG for nicking the ending for their Best of Both Worlds cliffhanger.....

"Fire!"

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Yes, how Travis found time to make a deal with the aliens has always been a bit of a headscratcher.

I am going to go with your encountering a scout ship theory! :emoji_alien:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
A great episode considering the last three were stinkers! Shame we lose Blake, Jenna and even poor old Travis! The aliens should have appeared a few times in the third series but we only hear of them and never see them again sadly apart from their oddly matched ships firing on the Federation fleet in Aftermath but even that peters out real quick!
JB