Review Star Trek: Generations (1994)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I remember walking out of the theatre after seeing it with friends, and thinking it was good, but could have been so much better. My friends all disagreed, and I think because of all of us talking about it that night, I remembered it being better than it was. I watched it about a year ago, and holy hell, did it not age well. Way too much going on, and the scenes of Data struggling with his emotion chip are just cringe-worthy.

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
Mediocre seventh entry in the series suffers from an ordinary script which never allows the characters to properly come to life (Spock and Sulu are conspicuous by their absence). Plus points: the special effects and magnetic presence of Patrick Stewart (legend!).

Doctor Omega

527685.jpg

This was the film where, after years of putting up with Bill Shatner's behaviour, Walter Koenig reached a huge personal turning point, that he detailed in his autobiography.

During the Enterprise B scenes,in another example of his long running behaviour, Bill Shatner tried to influence the director and reblock a moment where, instead of Walter's face being seen, only Bill's would.

Walter said "No."

This was a huge deal for him, as he had never really stood his ground with Shatner.

This made him also accept that, while not absolving Shatner in any way, he, Walter, and the rest of the supporting cast had to accept a portion of the blame for their feud with Shatner, as not one of them had stood up to him over the years and said "Cut the s***, Shatner!" (as Walter phrases it).

hollywoodstage2.jpg

Doctor Omega

Beam Me Up

Kirk's echo still in the nexus and getting regularly pissed (with or without the mysterious "Antonia") .....

Last edited: