Review Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I've always enjoyed it. Unlike many others I never had an issue with the ewoks. Plus Carrie Fisher in a gold bikini! What's not to like?

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
An episodic storyline and a few confusing shifts in narrative sometime distract from a highly entertaining end to a superb trilogy. New characters the Ewoks will appeal to younger viewers (but may irritate some older fans)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I didn't know that this following alteration had been made in 2011.

At first I thought this was a cheesy fan audio-edit, made by some fan who thought he could improve the original film.

Then I realised that Lucas had done it.....

It doesn't work for me. What do others think?

Doctor Omega

Yeah, to me it just sort of implies that Lucas didn't think his audience had the brains to figure out that Vader was making a decision silently, in the depths of his own head.

The most powerful moment in the film retroactively screwed over i.m.o.

A moment that used to give me goose pimples, now ruined.

The following now somehow, seemingly unworthy of being on blu-ray......

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Star Wars Music and Ambience | Moon of Endor

Join the Ambient Worlds community on Patreon for early access to new videos (patreon.com/ambientworlds)! Trying something a little different with a Star Wars upload. Hopefully this is just as cool as some of the other content I make. I had some help with the visuals here from Star Wars Battlefront, but had a blast mixing the ambience with some relaxing selections from the Star Wars soundtracks.