News Stardust (2020)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0000000.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.......

The project tracks the rise of David Bowie, the superstar, starting with his first visit to America in 1971 which inspired the invention of his iconic alter ego Ziggy Stardust.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Johnny Flynn Is Bowie In “Stardust”

johnny-flynn-is-bowie-in-stardust.jpg

Musician and actor Johnny Flynn (“Lovesick,” “Genius”) will play David Bowie in the upcoming biopic “Stardust” for Salon Pictures.

The project tracks the rise of the superstar, starting with his first visit to America in 1971 which inspired the invention of his iconic alter ego Ziggy Stardust.

Jena Malone and Marc Maron will also star. Emmy winner Gabriel Range will direct from a script by Christopher Bell (“The Last Czars”) and filming begins in June. Range, Paul Van Carter and Nick Taussig will produce.

Doctor Omega

Bowie-Inspired “Stardust” Won’t Have The Music

lure-director-plans-david-bowie-musical-696x464.jpg

Filmmaker Duncan Jones, son of the late famed music icon David Bowie, says that producers of the upcoming biopic “Stardust” don’t have the rights to his father’s library of music or his family’s blessing.

The film reportedly follows the rise of Bowie, beginning with the 1971 trip to America that helped inspired the musician’s alter ego Ziggy Stardust. Jones tweeted:

“Pretty certain nobody has been granted music rights for ANY biopic… I would know… I’m not saying this movie is not happening. I honestly wouldn’t know. I’m saying that as it stands, this movie won’t have any of dad’s music in it, & I can’t imagine that changing. If you want to see a biopic without his music or the families blessing, that’s up to the audience.”

In a statement provided to EW, the producers say they wanted to clarify that the film is not a biopic, but “a moment in time film at a turning point in David’s life” and that going into the project they were not using any Bowie original music – instead just music from the period.”

Johnny Flynn is reportedly going to take on the role in the film which will be directed by Gabriel Range. Jena Malone and Marc Maron co-star.