News Stefán Karl Stefánsson (1975 - 2018)

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Stefan Karl Stefansson (July 10, 1975 – August 21, 2018) was an Icelandic film and stage actor/comedian, best known for playing the villain Robbie Rotten of Nick Jr's popular TV program Lazy Town, that currently airs worldwide in over 103 countries, in all five continents, He passed away from a rare form of cancer called Bile Duct Cancer.

How I know who this guy is is from a TV show called Lazy Town. It was shown over here in the states on Nickelodeon and on PBS. It was one of those kid shows you pass by flipping channels during the days. This one caught my attention since the villain of the series was called Robbie Rotten. The character came off a Professor Fate, Dick Dastardly, and Wile E. Coyote combo. I watched the rest of the episode laughing at the bad guy, and thinking the ending song was really annoying.
Flash forward many years and now one of the songs from the show "Were Number One" gets made into a meme/video and now more people know the character.
Since his passing many of his fans are trying to get his channel on Youtube to one million as a way to pay their respects, and memorial. The channel at this moment is nearing 800,000 subscribers. https://www.youtube.com/user/stefankarl1 . There are fans petitioning wanting a statue to be built in his hometown.and there is going to be a performing arts centre in his name.

5807ef38bfa0d.jpeg
1675911580_6d77db09c5_z.jpg
40657894_1021.jpg

Were Number One