Review “1922" (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Stephen King’s “1922” Hits Netflix In October

stephen-kings-1922-hits-netflix-in-october-696x464.jpg

Netflix has announced an October 20th premiere date for “1922,” the upcoming film adaptation of Stephen King’s novella which follows the events after a man kills his wife.

“These Final Hours” director Zak Hilditch penned and directed the film in which Thomas Jane and Molly Parker play the couple in question while Dylan Schmid, Kaitlyn Bernard, Brian D’Arcy James and Neal McDonough co-star.

The 131-page story is a confession told from the perspective of Wilfred James, an unreliable narrator who admits to killing his wife, Arlette, with his son in Nebraska. He buries her but soon finds himself terrorized by rats and becomes convinced his wife is haunting him.

The film comes sandwiched in-between David Fincher’s “Mindhunter” series the Friday before and the new season of “Stranger Things” a week later. Mike Flanagan’s adaptation of King’s novel “Gerald’s Game” is also due on the service this Fall.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
I just watched this. I had read the novella awhile ago & was curious about it being brought to film. This was very well done. Stayed true to the written word. I would give it a "thumbs up". If you are a King fan, you will not be disappointed◆◆◆♡♡♡