Review Survivor (2000-)

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I use to watch this show when it first came on. I haven't watched it in years. I went over to my parents house, and my mom was watching it. I watched it as well. When the one guy outed Zeke, my jaw dropped. Then watching everyone crying, and they were all pissed. I mean that was good, haven't seen something like that in a long time. I mean if looks could kill that rat would have been toasted. If you don't know what I'm talking about it's all over the web.

Who's your favorite Survivor?
Who's your least favorite Survivor?
Favorite season?
Least favorite season?
Favorite Game or Reward?
Favorite creepy meal anyone had to eat.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Survivor-76733-2.png

Survivor
is the American version of the international Survivor reality competition television franchise, itself derived from the Swedish television series Expedition Robinson created by Charlie Parsons which premiered in 1997.

The American series premiered on May 31, 2000, on CBS.

It is hosted by television personality Jeff Probst, who is also an executive producer, and also executive produced by Mark Burnett and original creator, Parsons.

The show maroons a group of strangers in an isolated location, where they must provide food, water, fire, and shelter for themselves.

The contestants compete in challenges for rewards and immunity from elimination.

The contestants are progressively eliminated from the game as they are voted out by their fellow contestants, until only one remains and is given the title of "Sole Survivor" and is awarded the grand prize of US$1,000,000.

The American version has been very successful.

From the 2000–01 through the 2005–06 television seasons, its first eleven seasons (competitions) rated amongst the top ten most watched shows.

It is commonly considered the leader of American reality TV because it was the first highly rated and profitable reality show on broadcast television in the U.S., and is considered one of the best shows of the 2000s (decade).

The series has been nominated for several Emmy Awards, including winning for Outstanding Sound Mixing in 2001, Outstanding Special Class Program in 2002, and was subsequently nominated four times for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program when the category was introduced in 2003.

Jeff Probst won the award for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program four consecutive times after the award was introduced in 2008.

In 2007, the series was included in Time magazine's list of the 100 greatest TV shows of all-time.

In 2013, TV Guide ranked it at #39 on its list of the "60 Best Series of All Time".

The series was renewed for a 34th season, Survivor: Game Changers, which premiered on March 8, 2017.[6] The series has been renewed through the 2017–18 television season.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I've been a fan since my wife (girlfriend at the time) forced me to watch season 2 with her. But I must admit I'm getting fairly tired of it. I've still got about 4 or 5 episodes of the current season backed up on the DVR and little motivation to sit down and catch up. The problem is that the casts are generally fairly unlikeable people these days which makes it difficult to care who wins. Interestingly we recently had an Australian Survivor season which was full of likeable people who weren't plotting who to get rid of from the second they arrived and I really enjoyed that.

On the other hand, my kids recently introduced me to the Total Drama series which is an animated parody of shows like Survivor and I'm thoroughly enjoying watching that (currently up to season 3 which is a sort of cross over between Survivor and The Amazing Race).

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
@Gavin I lost interest in it as well. I'm tired of this whole show. It's to the point where it's the same old same old stereotypes. They need to bring back the nasty food challenges. I'm so tired I need to find the idle, then i have to go with so and so so they don't find the idle, etc. Maybe it's time to end the series?

I seen the first season of Total Drama and I liked how they spoofed so many shows. That was a fun little show, is it still on or had it ended?