Review Taken (2017)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MV5BMTYxNzQ2MTUwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTMwMDIzNDM@._V1_.jpg

Taken is a crime drama series based on the film trilogy of the same name. The series acts as a modern-day origin story.[3] Clive Standen stars as a younger version of Bryan Mills, the character played by Liam Neeson in the trilogy.

The series was commissioned with a straight-to-series-order in September 2015.

The series premiered on February 27, 2017, on NBC.[7] NBC renewed the series for a second season of 16 episodes on May 9, 2017, which premiered on January 12, 2018

Cast and characters

Main

Reception

Critical response

Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the series an approval rating of 35% based on 26 reviews, with an average rating of 5/10, and says, "Taken's cast hits the right notes, but overall, the series fails to deliver a compelling narrative distinguished from its source material".[44] On Metacritic, the series has a score of 46 out of 100, based on 22 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".

Doctor Omega

Damnitt!! I was hoping for a 4th film in the trilogy where the family dog was kidnapped and Liam would be trying to decipher his barks on the phone.

Doctor Omega

There comes a point where credibility just snaps of course.

Cosmically, just how often can fate throw the same situation at one person, without him looking like A) a dumb idiot and B) The most unlucky guy on the planet, who can't avoid getting bitten in the same way again and again. :emoji_head_bandage:

This would have been fine, imo, as just the one film. End of story. Not a bleeding franchise!

Not to worry though, a gender change will somehow happen to "Bryan Mills" of course, to shake this ridiculous franchise up. :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

announcement-sign-character-means-corporate-communication-or-con-100259696.jpg

The news is not good for NBC’s TV series adaptation of the “Taken” franchise. NBC has yanked the series, currently in its second season, from its Friday night slot. Though not officially said, they have effectively cancelled the show which starred Clive Standen and Jennifer Beals.

The series did decent numbers in its first season, but dropped to a 0.4 rating and 3 million viewers per episode in its sophomore run. The remaining episodes will be burned off on Saturdays from May 26th.

Doctor Omega

There was a TAKEN TV series? :emoji_confused:

I only stumbled on it's existence this month. It has made me paranoid and start thinking that there might be endless [pointless shows of movies that I am unaware of that have actually sprung into existence and weren't there a minute ago, thanks to that damned Mandala Effect.