Review Terminator 2 (1991)

MovieKnut

Member: Rank 2
Certainly the best of the sequels. However, the is something about the original. A relatively small budget, James Cameron and (the late, great) Stan Winston worked miracles here. Much like Rob Bottin on The Thing (1982), which Winston also had a hand in. Despite the premise. it was almost unassuming in its scope. Love the humour in the script, such as the telephone answer service message; you're talking to a machine, but don't be shy, it's Ok, machines need love too.

In many respects, T2 is the bigger, brasher brother. However, I prefer the original.

Carol

Member: Rank 5
I have a real soft spot for this one, as I saw it before the first, which in comparison just isn't as much fun. I mean, Arnie as a big dumb menacing robo-thug is just obvious, whereas good guy Terminator is kind of sweet. And the melty metal upgrade baddie is really sinister.
But 3D? why do they bother, I mean, why?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Trailer: “Terminator 2 3D” Featuring James Cameron

Distrib Films US has enlisted the help of writer-director James Cameron to promote the upcoming 3D re-release of Cameron’s iconic sci-fi feature “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” which turns 26 years old this week but remains as iconic as ever.

Cameron says an entire generation of fans has never experienced T2 on the big screen and will now finally get the opportunity, along with seeing a film in 3D for the first time thanks to Stereo D, whom he calls “the best 3D conversion house in the world”.

The film will exclusively hit AMC Theaters on August 25th.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
It's a great film but the first one had the originality.
One might want to confer with Harlan Ellison on that point. :emoji_wink:

Like @Carol , I saw this one before the original, and so it holds a special place in my heart. Plus, I can't get through the final scene and the foundry without crying (he gives the thumbs up before being terminated!!!). It certainly had better effects, but again, more money and advancements in SFX, particularly CG. The first one is a testament to what creativity can accomplish with limited resources, and definitely a time capsule of sorts to the action film mentality of the 80s.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
One might want to confer with Harlan Ellison on that point. :emoji_wink:
I'd like to confer with H.E on virtually any point at all! One of my favorite quotes is his:.......
"If it's not nailed down, it's mine. And if I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down!" The man is genius.... just genius! His STO story is one of the best they ever made!

:emoji_kiss: :emoji_dancer: And for all H.E lovers and the man himself... :emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers::emoji_dancers:

Doctor Omega

I truly admire the fact that he can articulate himself so well over everything he is thinking and feeling, never struggling to find the words that he needs. He has the words, every time.

Doctor Omega

Terminator 2 Parody: Low Budgment Day

10 hours of shooting and one grueling night of editing later, here's a Terminator 2 parody, Low Budgment Day, sweded for the Alamo Drafthouse's "Be Kind Rewind" competition.