Review Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
If John Connor is dead, then what the hell is the point? It prevents the whole future of man winning against the machines and them coming back in time from happening surely?
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
If John Connor is dead, then what the hell is the point? It prevents the whole future of man winning against the machines and them coming back in time from happening surely?
JB

It's all just such a total, convoluted screw up now.

For me it's the T1, 2 and 3. (With 3 having a more honest and logical ending than even 2). Anything after that is reheated leftovers that have gone badly off.

Doctor Omega

JAMES CAMERON: “We spent several weeks breaking story and figuring out what type of story we wanted to tell so we would have something to pitch Linda. We rolled up our sleeves and started to break out the story and when we got a handle on something we looked at it as a three-film arc, so there is a greater story there to be told. If we get fortunate enough to make some money with Dark Fate we know exactly where we can go with the subsequent films.”

“One of the things that seemed obvious from looking at the films that came along later was that we would need to get everything back to the basics and that we would need to avoid the mistakes of making things overly complex and that we needed to avoid stories that jumps around in time and one that goes backward and forward in time. Let’s keep it simple in the relative unity of time. With the story, let’s have the whole thing play out in 36 hours or 48 hours. In the first two movies everything plays out in less than two days in each one so there’s energy and momentum.”

Doctor Omega

Fansite Guns Over Oz (via The NME) is reporting that original GNR members Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan were invited to a private screening of an early cut of the film and then went to work on finishing a currently untitled song for it.
Their posting says: “Four members of Guns N’ Roses went to a private viewing of a rough copy of the upcoming Arnold Schwarzenegger sequel movie to see if they want to put a song on the soundtrack. Apparently, Slash was at Axl’s house to record overdubs on a song for the rush release. At this point the song name is unknown. But yes 100% verified. Guns N’ Roses new music.”
The song’s release is apparently aiming to coincide with that of the film’s premiere on November 1st. The band’s hit song “You Could Be Mine” from their “Use Your Illusion” two-part album was handpicked by Arnold Schwarzenegger for 1991’s “Terminator 2: Judgment Day”.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

cameron-new-terminator-editing-a-bloodbath-696x464.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-new-terminator-editing-a-bloodbath/

“I would say many (disagreements). And the blood is still being scrubbed off the walls from those creative battles. This is a film that was forged in fire. So yeah, but that’s the creative process, right?

[The rough cut] wasn’t a slam-dunk at the time. I felt there were a lot of pathways that were taken that were unnecessary. I’m an editor myself, so I gave notes that were both broad, and very specific. I continued in that process up to about two and a half months ago when we locked picture…

I never went to the set. I’ve yet to physically meet the new cast because I never went to the set. But I was very involved in the writing and I was very involved in the cutting of the film. And to me, the cutting is really an extension of the writing.”

TRANSLATION: This film is shit and I am distancing myself from it folks!

Doctor Omega

furlong-bummed-out-by-terminator-cameo.jpg

Furlong “Bummed Out” By “Terminator” Cameo

http://www.darkhorizons.com/furlong-bummed-out-by-terminator-cameo/

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR “TERMINATOR: DARK FATE”

Ahead of release, it was revealed that actor Edward Furlong had done some body and facial scans for the Tim Miller directed “Terminator: Dark Fate,” suggesting his character would come back for a cameo in this year’s release.

When the film came out it was revealed – Furlong and Linda Hamilton were de-aged to look exactly like their “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” era appearances and living happily in Guatemala when a T-800 Terminator suddenly appears and kills John – even with Judgement Day being nullified.

The Terminator franchise is sci-fi royalty, particularly James Cameron’s original set of movies. Terminator 2 is widely considered the strongest entry in the property, so it made fans very happy that Dark Fate was a direct sequel to T2. This brought back the likes of Cameron, Linda Hamilton, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and even John Connor actor Edward Furlong. Although it seems Furlong was bummed about the size of his role.

Edward Furlong and Linda Hamilton were reunited for the very first scene of Terminator: Dark Fate. Picking up thee years after the events of Terminator 2, we follow Sarah and John living happily in Guatemala. But a T-800 Terminator suddenly appears and kills John, despite Judgement Day being avoided.

It’s the tiniest of cameos and the 42-year-old Furlong has now broken his silence about his brief role, telling Alex Leyba at a recent convention:

“They smoked my ass! That was the role. I did it for a day – I shot for one day. And, yeah, we did some CGI. They paid me. So, I mean, ya know. It kinda bums me out. Cause I’d love to do a whole one and make a shit-ton of money. I would love to do more, but we’ll see what happens.”

Unfortunately “Terminator: Dark Fate” failed to perform at the box office, with the franchise likely to remain dormant for some time to come.