Review Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Thing is if we are to ignore films 3, 4 and 5 and just accept this one as either the new 3 or even 3a then why does it look like number 6 or even another film in that style?
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Terminator 6” Behind-The-Scenes Set Video

terminator-6-behind-the-scenes-set-video-696x464.jpg

A brief behind-the-scenes video is out from the set of the new untitled “Terminator” feature which has been shooting around Budapest, Hungary.

Made obviously in part to help the city’s film industry, the piece sees those involved talking about shooting in the country. In the process though we get glimpses of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis and some of the film’s sets.

Gabriel Luna stars as the new Terminator in the film which serves as a direct sequel to “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” and ignores the others that came after. Billy Ray penned the script while James Cameron produces and Tim Miller (“Deadpool”) helms.

Paramount Pictures will release the project in cinemas on November 22nd.

johnnybear

The Terminator films have all been released by different companies on DVd at least which I've always found strange! Terminator by MGM, Terminator 2 by Momentum Pictures and later optimum I think, Terminator 3 by Columbia in the UK but Warner in the US, Terminator 4 by Sony Pictures and Terminator 5 by Paramount Pics who seemingly will release the new picture as well?
JB

Doctor Omega

Cameron On “Terminator: Dark Fate,” “Alien 5”

cameron-on-terminator-dark-fate-alien-5-696x464.jpg

James Cameron revealed it was the working title in a Yahoo interview and IGN claim to have subsequently confirmed it’s official – the upcoming sixth “Terminator” film will be titled “Terminator: Dark Fate”.

Taking a similar approach to last year’s “Halloween,” this will ignore the three films after “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” and serve as a direct follow-up to that. Mackenzie Davis leads the new movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton returning as their characters. Natalia Reyes, Diego Boneta and Gabriel Luna also star.

Cameron is producing and Tim Miller is directing the film and Cameron tells Yahoo of the helmer: “Tim’s a very willful and opinionated director, and he’s got his own ideas for the film. I’m kind of like the Pips – he’s Gladys.” He also says a big condition of his own involvement was seeing the return of Arnie & Linda:

“Fans are going to want to see her [Linda Hamilton] again, and they’re going to want to see the real Sarah Connor and what time and dealing with these tragic futures has done to her. It’s hardened her even more, but in a way that made her much stronger.

Maybe less likeable, but stronger. And ultimately, she becomes a really important character in passing the baton to the new characters that come in. It’s a very female-centric film, which I’m glad Tim embraced those themes.”

Cameron was also asked by IGN on a “Alita: Battle Angel” red carpet the other day if he could help director Neill Blomkamp get his proposed direct sequel to “Aliens” back up and running to which he responded: “I’m working on that, yeah”.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Cameron On “Terminator: Dark Fate,” “Alien 5”

View attachment 15787

James Cameron revealed it was the working title in a Yahoo interview and IGN claim to have subsequently confirmed it’s official – the upcoming sixth “Terminator” film will be titled “Terminator: Dark Fate”.

Taking a similar approach to last year’s “Halloween,” this will ignore the three films after “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” and serve as a direct follow-up to that. Mackenzie Davis leads the new movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton returning as their characters. Natalia Reyes, Diego Boneta and Gabriel Luna also star.

Cameron is producing and Tim Miller is directing the film and Cameron tells Yahoo of the helmer: “Tim’s a very willful and opinionated director, and he’s got his own ideas for the film. I’m kind of like the Pips – he’s Gladys.” He also says a big condition of his own involvement was seeing the return of Arnie & Linda:

“Fans are going to want to see her [Linda Hamilton] again, and they’re going to want to see the real Sarah Connor and what time and dealing with these tragic futures has done to her. It’s hardened her even more, but in a way that made her much stronger.

Maybe less likeable, but stronger. And ultimately, she becomes a really important character in passing the baton to the new characters that come in. It’s a very female-centric film, which I’m glad Tim embraced those themes.”

Cameron was also asked by IGN on a “Alita: Battle Angel” red carpet the other day if he could help director Neill Blomkamp get his proposed direct sequel to “Aliens” back up and running to which he responded: “I’m working on that, yeah”.
I just don't fucking care anymore about any of these fucked-up franchises.

If they're not being fucked over by a mob of johnny-come-lately SJWs who care more about being "woke" than good at their chosen career, then these franchises keep reaching for the reset button every time they write themselves into a corner or run out of ideas.

Why doesn't it ever occur to any of these backwards-arse country-fucks that every story needs a beginning, a middle and a fucking end?

Doctor Omega

I liked the bleak ending of Terminator 3 and think they should have left it there.

I liked the bleak ending of Alien 3 and think they should have left it there.

And - without wishing to become a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives - I think the phrase "Hey! I've got an idea! How about we do a prequel, set...." should be completely banned. Everywhere. On pain of immediate execution.

ant-mac

I liked the bleak ending of Terminator 3 and think they should have left it there.

I liked the bleak ending of Alien 3 and think they should have left it there.

And - without wishing to become a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives - I think the phrase "Hey! I've got an idea! How about we do a prequel, set...." should be completely banned. Everywhere. On pain of immediate execution.
I absolutely agree on THE TERMINATOR franchise.

The third film was the perfect ending to the trilogy.

I'm a little more lenient with the ALIEN franchise, due to there being a bigger universe out there to explore - and its crossover with the PREDATOR franchise and, it appears, the BLADE RUNNER franchise too.

johnnybear

I liked the ending to the second film which was bright and hopeful and apparently avoided the nightmare world of the machines! The third film just seemed like a way to cash in on the liquid Terminator idea from the second movie! Although the Schwarzenegger guy in the adverts with the American accent and the little guy with his voice bit was funny!
JB

ant-mac

I liked the ending to the second film which was bright and hopeful and apparently avoided the nightmare world of the machines! The third film just seemed like a way to cash in on the liquid Terminator idea from the second movie! Although the Schwarzenegger guy in the adverts with the American accent and the little guy with his voice bit was funny!
JB
No, I feel the story would've been incomplete without it.

Judgement Day was always going to happen. It could be delayed, but not avoided.

"There is no fate but what we make" - and that's the fate that we - the Human species - made for ourselves.