Review Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Judgement Day was always going to happen. It could be delayed, but not avoided.
Besides which, and I can't believe I have to repeat this, but if you completely stop Judgement Day, you create a paradox. If there's no uprising by the machines, there's no reason for John to send Kyle back in time to schtup his mom. If that doesn't happen, no John. It's a cycle! You can't stop fate!

Of course, I always thought that there were two different missions going on. Like, future John knew that Judgement Day could never be avoided, and that was made clear in The Terminator. Kyle is only sent back to ensure that John is born and becomes the leader of the Resistance. It isn't until T2 that Sarah seems to forget this and simply try to end it for good, which cannot happen.

You cannot create a paradox like that! You have to let events play out! Fuck, if only RTD had given the T-800 a sonic screwdriver! Those things fix everything!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Besides which, and I can't believe I have to repeat this, but if you completely stop Judgement Day, you create a paradox. If there's no uprising by the machines, there's no reason for John to send Kyle back in time to schtup his mom. If that doesn't happen, no John. It's a cycle! You can't stop fate!

Of course, I always thought that there were two different missions going on. Like, future John knew that Judgement Day could never be avoided, and that was made clear in The Terminator. Kyle is only sent back to ensure that John is born and becomes the leader of the Resistance. It isn't until T2 that Sarah seems to forget this and simply try to end it for good, which cannot happen.

You cannot create a paradox like that! You have to let events play out! Fuck, if only RTD had given the T-800 a sonic screwdriver! Those things fix everything!
You make many fine points, mate, but I think what I'll personally take away from your very fine post is...

"schtup his mom"

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
That is, indeed, the crux of my argument. One could, I believe, write a thesis on it, and be accepted to any university of their choice.

ant-mac

That is, indeed, the crux of my argument. One could, I believe, write a thesis on it, and be accepted to any university of their choice.
Not that I doubt your enthusiasm or sincerity, but if I were you and I was trying to gain entry with that particular thesis, I'd try for admittance to the University of Mars. :emoji_wink:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Surely if you prevent the machines from rising in this timeline you create an alternate future which in itself is not a paradox but another reality! The fact that the Terminator's hand contained the chip from which Dyson created Skynet implies that if the Terminator had not gone back in time to kill Connor's Mother then that future would not have been ours anyway and if it was it was created from a future reality that wasn't going to exist here anyway! So what I'm meaning also is the future as seen in the first two films was altered because it didn't happen when it was supposed to! So might be slightly different?
A bit like how The Doctor defeated the Daleks in the twenty second century and ensured that their reality of terror in our future never came to happen in Day of The Daleks!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
It was rumored and now it’s set – “Terminator: Dark Fate” is the title of the upcoming sixth “Terminator” film from Paramount Pictures.

Producer James Cameron mentioned that was the working title last month, and it has now been confirmed as official reports The Wrap. Tim Miller helms the film which Cameron was reportedly heavily involved in while David S. Goyer is writing the script.

ant-mac

Surely a more accurate title would be...

TERMINATOR 6: ONE MORE GO AT FUCKING UP THE TIMELINE OF THIS FRANCHISE JUST SO WE CAN GET SOME MORE OF THAT SWEET, SWEET CASH... OH AND THE FANS CAN GO AND FUCK THEMSELVES!

ant-mac

That would be a nightmare to fit on a cinema marquee, but the absolute honesty built into your title is brutally compelling!! :emoji_head_bandage:
Okay, I see your problem...

TERMINATOR 6: YET ANOTHER CASH GRAB AND FUCK CONTINUITY AND THE FANS

How about that?

Doctor Omega

Yes, the title sings now. And I might even go to see it if it was called that, coz at least it's levelling with me. :emoji_head_bandage:

ant-mac

If only we realized the true horror the future held for us when Kyle Reese said, " I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to say that the future is not set."

We were warned!!! :emoji_astonished:

Doctor Omega

Terminator: Dark Fate
Composer Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, is re-teaming with “Deadpool” director Tim Miller to provide the score for “Terminator: Dark Fate”. The new film sees series creator James Cameron back as a producer for the first time since “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” and opens November 1st.

Doctor Omega

New Photos Tease “Terminator” Characters

new-photos-tease-terminator-characters-696x464.jpg

Paramount Pictures has premiered six new photos from the Tim Miller-directed and James Cameron-produced “Terminator: Dark Fate,” a direct follow-up to the two Cameron originals that ignores the other sequels.

Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger return in their iconic roles and are joined by Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna, and Diego Boneta – all of whom can be seen in the new shots.

https://imgur.com/a/os7ZmHA#JMMXi8E

Cameron has previously said Hamilton’s Sarah Connor in this is has dealt with the passage of time and we’ll see what the impact the threat of the tragic future has done to her – hardening her even more and making her stronger if less likeable.

The first footage is expected to screen at CinemaCon in Las Vegas today. “Terminator: Dark Fate” opens on November 15th.

Doctor Omega

After looking at the photos, I think Ant-Mac's title has never seemed more appropriate.....

TERMINATOR 6: YET ANOTHER CASH GRAB AND FUCK CONTINUITY AND THE FANS
Am not getting a buzz from this at all.

The second photo just made me think they were trying to get that Robert Patrick sinister vibe. I emphasise the word "trying".

The only excitement will be in seeing how TERMINATOR 7 will ignore this and all previous sequels.