Review Terminus (1983)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0000000.jpg terminus 1.JPG

Your thoughts on this story....

Under the directives of the Black Guardian, sabotage by Turlough destabilizes the TARDIS, causing it to latch onto the nearest spaceship for physical support. Nyssa, trapped inside her dissolving room, crosses onto the other ship in order to survive, entering onto an eerily automated ship marked with painted skull decals just as it's being invading by raiders.

On to the next story....

ENLIGHTENMENT....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/enlightenment-1983.3717/

Back to the previous story.....

MAWDRYN UNDEAD....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/mawdryn-undead-1983.5208/

Doctor Omega

I have always loved the first episode of this story....

Once one gets past the Tegan/Turlough bickering, it has a really spooky atmosphere.

I guess it helps that I originally taped it on audio and the soundtrack helps matters.

I think that if this had been lost and the soundtrack was all we had, it would be hailed as a lost classic that we desperately need to find.

I was surprised over the years to find that it's not held in higher regard than it is.

I actually like the 20th season a lot, even if Peter Davison didn't think much of it. :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

DmeSvCSXcAAVIO_.jpg

The actor Peter Benson has died at the age of 75.

Peter Benson played Bor, one of the Vani, in the 1983 fifth Doctor story Terminus.

Benson was best known for playing Bernie Scripps in the ITV series Heartbeat, appearing in all 18 series from 1992 to 2010.

He played Henry VI for the BBC 1983 production of the Shakespeare trilogy detailing the life of the King and played his successor King Henry VII in the first series of the comedy Blackadder. He appeared in the ITV soap opera Albion Market and the Drama on the life of Pope Alexander VI, The Borgias

Other parts include roles in The Bill, Coronation Street,

Peter Benson was born on June 13, 1943. He died on September 6, 2018