Review The 100 (2014)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Logo_of_the_100.jpg

The 100 (pronounced The Hundred[1]) is an American post-apocalyptic science fiction drama television series that premiered on March 19, 2014, on The CW.

The series, developed by Jason Rothenberg, is loosely based on a 2013 book of the same name, the first in a series by Kass Morgan.

The series follows a group of post apocalypse survivors, representing many age groups: Clarke Griffin (Eliza Taylor), Bellamy Blake (Bob Morley), Octavia Blake (Marie Avgeropoulos), Jasper Jordan (Devon Bostick), Monty Green (Christopher Larkin), Raven Reyes (Lindsey Morgan), Finn Collins (Thomas McDonell), John Murphy (Richard Harmon), and Wells Jaha (Eli Goree) as they are among the first people from a space habitat, "The Ark", to return to Earth after a devastating nuclear apocalypse; the series also focuses on Dr. Abby Griffin (Paige Turco), Clarke's mother; Marcus Kane (Henry Ian Cusick), a council member on the Ark; and Thelonious Jaha (Isaiah Washington), the Chancellor of the Ark and Wells' father.

In March 2017, The CW renewed the series for a fifth season.

Doctor Omega

“The 100” Finds Its Fifth Season Villain

the-100-finds-its-fifth-season-villain-696x464.jpg

Spanish actor William Miller (“Searchers”) has joined the cast of the fifth season of The CW’s “The 100” in a major recurring role – effectively serving as the ‘Big Bad’ for the new run of episodes.

Miller plays Robert McCreary, a mysterious prisoner aboard a long-distance mining mission sent from our time. He’s a former enforcer from a powerful crime syndicate with ruthless, violent methods.

Jordan Bolger (“Peaky Blinders”) and Ivana Milicevic (“Banshee”) have also joined the cast in recurring roles. Clarke’s daughter Madi, played by Imogen Tear in the fourth season finale’s final moments, will now be played Lola Flanery (“Shadowhunters”)

Finally, Tasya Teles has been promoted to series regular in her role as Echo. “The 100” fifth season will premiere midseason.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
I'm a latecomer to the series, loved S1 & S2 but got stuck a little over halfway through S3 and am struggling to continue. They lost steam and focus in S3 and it's not very interesting. Someone tell me it's worth getting through and that S4 will be better.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
I'm really struggling with S4 too. I started back in October and have only made it halfway. Not sure I'll watch S5.

Doctor Omega

Extended Trailer For “The 100” Season 6

extended-trailer-for-the-100-season-6-696x464.jpg

The CW’s “The 100” reinvents itself every year and 2018’s fifth season was no different. It started out as a fight between condemned prisoners and the forced to turn cannibal survivors for the only inhabitable land left on an Earth ravaged by nuclear fire. By the end, the last remnants of humanity takes off for a new planet light years away – closing out ‘Book I’.

Now the network has released the first trailer for the sixth season, the start of ‘Book II’, in which the survivors arrive on a new and lush planet light years away – ‘Sanctum’. For the first time in their lives, Clarke and the gang land on a functioning planet that not only supports human life but hosts a human society as technologically advanced as the world before the apocalypse.

But it’s not a paradise. The survivors are subjected to numerous problems from understandably wary leaders to masked extremists, dangerous wildlife and eclipse-induced mass psychosis. The new season kicks off April 30th.

Last edited: