Review The Amazing Spider-Man (1977)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

979.jpg

Your thoughts on this show......

With the powers given by the bite of a radioactive spider, a young man fights crime as a wall-crawling superhero.

Last edited:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
I only have vague memories of this but thought it was amazing (sic). It looked fantastic and they didn't had CGI so you ended up with real stuff like him climbing the empire state building (yeah, it's a man being pulled up on a rope but he's actually there... on the empire state building!!).

Some of the greatest wah wah guitar ever too.

Doctor Omega

I remember being disappointed at the time at it's lack of faithfulness to the comic book, but still enjoyed it as a fun adventure show.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
Wasn't there already a thread on this show? I could've sworn I posted about how great the empire state climbing scene was.

Doctor Omega

You're right Hux. Thanks - and well spotted! There was an accidental duplication under "Best and Worst". Both threads merged on here now. :emoji_alien:

Doctor Omega

Those crafty souls in the UK put some of the episodes in the cinemas, trying to con us into believing that these were proper theatrical movies....

Quite a few of us fell for it.....

spider-man-dragons-challenge-sinbad-eye-of-the-tiger-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg spider-man-dragons-challenge-cactus-jack-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg

Doctor Omega

Best Spider-Man fight scene of all time

This is a fight scene from The Amazing Spider-Man tv show from the 70s. Funny fight, funny music and never would have thought I would see Spider-Man get hurt and yell over getting hit in the foot. Scene is from the pilot episode.