Review The Big Bang Theory (2007)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
CBS Is Ending “The Big Bang Theory”

cbs-is-ending-the-big-bang-theory-696x464.jpg

CBS has announced that the upcoming twelfth season of “The Big Bang Theory” will be the last for the comedy.

The decision just over two weeks after CBS Entertainment head Kelly Kahl said the network was discussing continuing the show beyond the new season. Now, in a joint statement, Warner Bros. Television, CBS and Chuck Lorre Productions say:

“We are forever grateful to our fans for their support of The Big Bang Theory during the past twelve seasons. We, along with the cast, writers and crew, are extremely appreciative of the show’s success and aim to deliver a final season, and series finale, that will bring The Big Bang Theory to an epic creative close.”

The series was renewed for Seasons 11 and 12 last year, with the five original castmates — Jim Parsons, Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg — all scoring new deals. The recent eleventh season was a ratings juggernaut, averaging a 2.7 rating in adults 18-49 and 14 million viewers per episode in Live+Same Day.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Sad as I am that the show is ending, it is time. The last couple of seasons, while still being funny, haven't had the same quality of the earlier seasons. It happens to every sitcom - characters marry, kids are introduced (although not the same in this show), and storylines get stale - but it still holds a special place in my cast empty chest cavity. As long as they don't do something stupid with the finale, I'll be okay.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I too agree that it is about time. I think the majority of situations that could be played, has been done. It is wise to end a show on a good note and complete your work than keep trying to shoot seasons and loose creativity in the process. It is about time that the show ends.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Big Bang” Ending Due To Jim Parsons

big-bang-ending-due-to-jim-parsons-696x464.jpg

Following yesterday’s news that sitcom ratings juggernaut “The Big Bang Theory” is coming to an end after twelve seasons, EW has released a report indicating the reason for its end – it’s down to star Jim Parsons.

Parsons, who plays Sheldon Cooper, is the biggest star of the series and CBS approached the cast with massive paydays that would have earned Parsons over $50 million – that is if he agreed to two more seasons.

Surprising the network, the actor turned them offer saying he wants to move on from the series, which has been a big money maker for CBS. The upcoming 12th and final season will make the series the longest-running multi-camera comedy series in TV history.

The final season of “The Big Bang Theory” will debut Monday, September 24th on CBS before moving to its regular time period on Thursday, September 27th.