Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
imdf-logo-small.png

How this forum took shape, on a technical and content level, from day one.....

Complete with a Hans Zimmer video!

A stroll down memory lane....

Starting with this early post from forum creator Alex on Feb 5th, 2017........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to Fix/Improve

The forum is less than 24 hours online but still, that doesn't mean you can't suggest.

We are in the process of getting an SMTP-relay since that's urgent so new users won't get the e-mail confirmation in their spam folder. After that is solved the next step is to activate Facebook/Twitter authentication.

If more stuff comes to your mind, that you see not working, please, do not hesitate to suggest in this thread.

Please bare in mind that we are working on adding everything from the IMDb boards as much as possible. All requests are appreciated but give us time to put everything in place first.

This will take some time since we have to add everything manually and can only do so much in the time we have.

Thank you for understanding!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas

Member: Rank 4
Is the "Home" button gonna do anything later on or will it just keep on redirecting you to the forums? Because right now 2 out of the 3 buttons do the same thing.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Yes I know, that will go away with the new theme as soon as Facebook / Twitter integration is done :)

I know, very cumbersome to have so many buttons doing the same thing, good news is they are going away :)

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Facebook Integration is ACTIVE!

You can now register on the forums just by uisng the Login with Facebook button !

The same applies to normal login, if you didn't login with facebook before, just go to your profile and connect your facebook account.

Lucas

And with that image I suppose a suggestion I have is the ability to change the size of images incase they're really big.

DeJoHnNiE

Or having a limit/max size and dimensions so you don't have to change the size.

I also noticed there is no non-media section yet, with all the Sandbox stuff etc, so that needs to be added too for anything not related to media content.

Another suggestion is to [temp] move this Boards section to the top of the forum and call it General, so it will be a bit easier for others to find.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Fixed the logo, modified "movie" with "media" as per request of the original administrator of the other forum. I adjusted to a more proper size.

Lucas

I keep getting emails whenever someone is posting on the forums even though I'm pretty sure I shut that feature off.

DeJoHnNiE

I disabled it too and will wait on new replies to see wether it works or not.

Sorry for the inconveniance, will get it fixed asap.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
As a suggestion you can disable the "Automatically watch threads" and just watch them when you want. That way you will make sure you won't get e-mails.

GhostOfTheWest

Member: Rank 1
Pretty good so far. I get that it's only new and more to come but I'll start with the obvious.

Needs more film boards. Or franchise forums
Marvel Cinematic Universe
DC Extended Universe
Universal Monsters
Star Wars
Alien, Predator, Terminator, Robocop (1 board for all)

AMC Tv Shows
HBO Tv Shows
BBC Tv Shows
F/X Tv Shows
and so on

PlayStation gaming
Xbox gaming
Nintendo gaming
PC gaming
Classic gaming

DC comics
Marvel Comics
Image comics
Dynamite Comics
Independent comics
International comics

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
That's some FINE subforums to add. I'll add a few once I finish adding the main ones. Good job on that list !

DeJoHnNiE

Thanks for that. Everything has to be added manually and we are doing our best to get it all done asap.