Review The Daemons (1971)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
DEMONS MOVIE POSTER

Shortly after sharing the screen in the film The Wicker Man, Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward locked horns again in a film adaptation of the Doctor Who story The Daemons originally made in 1971.

Dr Who and the Demons (1973) saw Lee take on the role of the Master against Woodward's Dr Who. The story follows much the same structure although in place of a heat barrier the Master creates a portal through which Daleks are summoned to surround and defend the village whilst he summons the Devil to destroy humanity.
The film also featured Anoushka Hempel as the Doctor's student/companion and Margaret Leighton as the eccentric white witch Miss Hawthorne.

(Not really)

Gouache, appeared in DWM in 2001. Newly scanned from original.

demons_movie_poster_by_harnois75-d45k5fv.jpg

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Christopher Lee as the Master is a no brainer, although I would never have even thought of Edward Woodward as The Doctor.... But he was such a good actor that the idea is growing on me!
The obvious match up would have been Lee vs. Cushing, but yes, I can now see Woodward in the role. Very interesting thought that there's an alternate universe where this may have happened.