Review The Daleks' Master Plan (1965)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
An epic. We are so lucky to have three recovered episodes, given the fact that Terry Nation stopped overseas sales of this story, due to his trying to flog the Daleks to the USA.

And the first ever Doctor Who Christmas special stuck in the middle of it too.

The last episode is a real loss to the archive. The noise of the Dalek Time Destructor is chilling.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
This is one of the stories I would love to be able to see properly. I'd even settle for a decent animation (although given the number of episodes that would need to be animated I doubt it would be financially viable).

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I didn't used to think that they would ever consider animating it, but am more optimistic now.

It is only three more episodes than POWER - and they could maybe viably do it in two parts, as they did with the novelisation?

MISSION TO THE UNKNOWN, I thought, could be animated alongside MYTHMAKERS, then use the Dalek solo episode as the selling point of the MISSION/MYTH release.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I didn't used to think that they would ever consider animating it, but am more optimistic now.

It is only three more episodes than POWER - and they could maybe viably do it in two parts, as they did with the novelisation?

MISSION TO THE UNKNOWN, I thought, could be animated alongside MYTHMAKERS, then use the Dalek solo episode as the selling point of the MISSION/MYTH release.
I always live in hope. And as technology improves the animation (should) become cheaper and make it more likely.