Review "The Doctor" or "Doctor Who"?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
"The Doctor" or "Doctor Who"?

war7.jpg 5c03c71b544a8423d5a7fd932cb9b1313b7a7a5e.jpg 9234cc736ead14ea6cfc77e7b49444e5.jpg

Moffat knows the answer......

The outgoing writer and executive producer also cleared up the issue of whether the character's name is Doctor Who or the Doctor.

"There isn't any doubt about it, I'm sorry," Moffat said. "It was established in The War Machines (episode) that his name is Doctor Who."
He provided evidence to back up his point, including signing letters "Doctor W" and the third Doctor having a "Who" licence plate.

"He doesn't often call himself Doctor Who because it's a bloody stupid name," Moffat added.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
I suppose that something like the above scene is one that maybe needed writing.

But I just wish a more talented writer had written it. :emoji_confused:

As it is, to me it is just the usual smart-arsed glibness that kind of takes the mickey out of the programme's classic legacy, without actually contributing anything profound or being genuinely clever in any way.

As always.:emoji_alien:

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I suppose that something like the above scene is one that maybe needed writing.

But I just wish a more talented writer had written it. :emoji_confused:

As it is, to me it is just the usual smart-arsed glibness that kind of takes the mickey out of the programme's classic legacy, without actually contributing anything profound or being genuinely clever in any way.

As always.:emoji_alien:
Given that the information comes from The Master, my automatic assumption is to disbelieve it.