Review The Eccleston Doctor

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
including the £95 charge for his autograph.....

This just sounds like a cynical cash grab to me.... If he can't beat 'em, rob 'em blind.

His approach to this convention seems to be of using the fans as a cash machine.

Pop in, top me savings up, refuse to discuss anything with anyone, then sod off.

Maybe he is getting the hang of this Doctor Who fandom thing, after all... :emoji_rolling_eyes:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
This just sounds like a cynical cash grab to me.... If he can't beat 'em, rob 'em blind.

His approach to this convention seems to be of using the fans as a cash machine.

Pop in, top me savings up, refuse to discuss anything with anyone, then sod off.

Maybe he is getting the hang of this Doctor Who fandom thing, after all... :emoji_rolling_eyes:
I have completely lost any respect I may have had for the man.

Doctor Omega

Furious Doctor Who fans accuse Christopher Eccleston of cashing in

Die-hard Doctor Who fans have expressed their fury at a £95 price tag for an autograph from Christopher Eccleston.

The 54-year-old actor, who played the the ninth Doctor in the sci-fi series for one season in 2005, will be appearing at London Comic Con in July for the first time where he is set to do a meet-and-greet.

But Christopher, who is the most expensive guest among stars including Megan Fox and Jason Momoa, has been accused of 'cashing in' at the convention with the high prices.

He is even charging more than the most recent Doctor Peter Capaldi who charges £75 per autograph.

Superfans can pay £235 for a 'diamond package' which guarantees an autograph and a photoshoot along with an exclusive mug, or opt for the single price of the autograph at £95 or a photoshoot at £85.

Fellow Doctor Peter Capaldi is charging £75 for a single autograph or £225 for a 'diamond package' which includes an autograph, photoshoot, exclusive mug, exclusive print and a priority seat at his exclusive talk.

One fan fumed on Twitter: 'Christopher Eccleston/aka The 9th Dr - charging £95 for [his] autograph [and] nearly same for a photo.He's just gone down in my estimation how can a Dr/great actor ask [his] fans to pay that amount? It's tough out here.Most peeps barely afford to live.'

Another weighed in: 'Have always loved Christopher Eccleston as an actor but can't believe this event is charging £95 for an autograph.What a strange, strange world we live in.'

'Was considering going to the London Film & Comic Con for Christopher Eccleston, but £95 for an autograph is a sick joke,' added another angry fan.

London Comic Con is held in July and sees stars from TV and film appear at the convention which celebrates popular culture.

Autograph signings and photo shoots are an integral part of all conventions, with stars charging fans on top of the £55 three-day ticket price.

A publicist for Christopher Eccleston declined to reveal the percentage he would receive from the fees, telling the Times: 'Christopher has no involvement in establishing fees for London Comic Con.These are set by the organisers.'

Colin Baker, who played the sixth doctor, is charging just £15 for an autograph and his on-screen companion Bonnie Langford who is also appearing asks for £10.

The organisers Showmasters defended the fees to the Times, saying it was 'in line' with previous Doctors, adding that the conventions were 'luxury items'.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

'Christopher has no involvement in establishing fees for London Comic Con.These are set by the organisers.'

Poor, powerless Christopher...

At the mercy of his agent and these convention organisers.

Maybe it will all come out one day how they lied to him - and tricked him into fleecing his fans. :emoji_nerd:

Doctor Omega

Christopher Eccleston's First Convention! (Sketch)

Exciting look ahead to Christopher Eccleston's first convention. Hope you've got £95! Performed by Peter Walsh, Elliott Crossley and Christopher Thomson Please listen to the full sketch, but in case you don't, we made this purely as a parody in response the £95 fee, and not in a reflection of Mr Eccleston, whom we love and admire.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

'Christopher has no involvement in establishing fees for London Comic Con.These are set by the organisers.'

It is my understanding now that the most likely scenario has been that the guy who runs the con - a multi-millionaire - kept offering Chris a higher and higher price to attend and - after many refusals, finally made Chris an offer that he simply could not refuse.*

The downside of that is the guy now obviously wants to recoup that huge payment to Chris, which falls on the con-goers. Hence the £95 price tag.

So yes, the wording of the above quote is technically true. Chris has no direct involvement in naming the fee. But if the scenario I have heard from a friend who runs a stall at these things is correct, then Chris is still indirectly responsible for such a hefty tag.

Either way it's payday for Doctor Number 9(5).

Which is "FANTASTIC!" - for him! I guess! :emoji_pouting_cat:

* Financial offer, of course - not concrete boots etc.! :emoji_head_bandage:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

BBC Radio 2 - Christopher Eccleston Talks Doctor Who (13/11/2018) - Interview

Originally Broadcast on the 13th November 2018 on BBC Radio 2 Christopher Eccleston talks about his experience working on Series 1 of Doctor Who in 2005 and being blacklisted by the BBC in an interview on the Jo Whiley and Simon Mayo BBC Radio 2 show (formally called Drivetime) ————— Please credit me if you use this video (This video has been uploaded to YouTube for historical and review purposes) (Also on my Twitter account: @MrDalekEmperor)

Doctor Omega

Former Doctor Who leading man Christopher Eccleston has announced that he is writing his memoirs to be published next year.

The memoir will see the actor not only discuss his career, which saw him star in multiple hard-hitting dramas and travel through time and space, but also share more about his upbringing in 1970s Salford and the effect that his father's dementia has had on him.

Doctor Omega

51g2mSAhq4L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Love-Bones-You-Ha/dp/1471176312/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=christopher+eccleston&qid=1565454890&s=books&sr=1-1

‘My father was an “ordinary man”, which of course means he was extraordinary. I aim to capture him and his impact on my life and career.’ - Christopher Eccleston

Be it as Nicky Hutchinson in Our Friends In The North, Maurice in The A Word, or his reinvention of Doctor Who, one man, in life and death, has accompanied Christopher Eccleston every step of the way – his father Ronnie. In I Love The Bones Of You, Eccleston unveils a vivid portrait of a relationship that has shaped his entire career trajectory, mirroring and defining his own highs and lows, from stage and screen triumph to breakdown, anorexia, self-doubt, and a deep belief in the basic principles of access and equality denied to generations. The actor reveals how his background in Salford, and vision of a person, like millions, denied their true potential, shaped his desire to make drama forever entwined with the marginalised, the oppressed, and the outsider.

Movingly, and in scenes sadly familiar to increasing numbers, Eccleston also describes how the tightening grip of dementia on his father slowly blinded him to his son’s existence, forcing a new and final chapter in their connection, and how ‘Ronnie Ecc’ still walks alongside him today. Told with trademark honesty and openness, I Love The Bones Of You is a celebration of those on whom the spotlight so rarely shines, as told by a man who found his voice in its glare. A love letter to one man, and a paean to many.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
The Ninth Doctor in THE PLANET THAT TURNED AROUND AND SHAT ON LITTERBUGS

Christopher Eccleston probably had more effect in 47 seconds on his mobile phone about pollution and waste than what Jodi Whittaker will have in 47 minutes in the season 12 serial about plastic waste.

Doctor Omega

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...on-reveals-battle-anorexia-drove-suicide.html

Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston reveals his battle with anorexia almost drove him to suicide
  • Christopher Eccleston reveals that he had anorexia while playing Doctor Who
  • The actor revealed he was struggling with serious mental illness during series
  • Mr Eccleston describes himself as ‘a lifelong body-hater’ in his memoirs