Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

In December 2016, Stallone announced in a interview with The Hollywood Reporter that the fourth film will be the last film in the series and is set for a 2018 release date

It was revealed back in October that The Expendables 4 would officially be making its way to the big screen with later reports confirming it would be the final entry in the series and would officially land in theaters in 2018. Franchise creator and star Sylvester Stallone took to his Facebook page ahead of the new year to briefly tease the film, which he will begin preparing for shortly.

“We’re going to do our best, but I think we’ve got some really great attitude going,” Stallone said. “We’ve got great ideas. I think everyone is expecting something different and we’re going to give it to them.”

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The Expendables 3 (sometimes stylized as The Expendables III) is a 2014 American ensemble action film directed by Patrick Hughes, and written by Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt, and Sylvester Stallone. It is the third installment in The Expendables film series and the sequel to The Expendables (2010) and The Expendables 2 (2012). The film features Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Antonio Banderas, Jet Li, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Kelsey Grammer, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kellan Lutz, Ronda Rousey, Glen Powell, and Victor Ortiz.

The story follows the mercenary group known as "The Expendables" as they come into conflict with ruthless arms dealer Conrad Stonebanks (Gibson), the Expendables' co-founder, who is determined to destroy the team. Released on August 15, 2014, it is the first film in the Expendables series not to be rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America. It is instead rated PG-13, a decision that angered many fans. The film grossed $214.6 million in box offices sales.

Expendables 4 is in the offing...

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-expendables-4-2018-pre-production.1088/

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

UPDATE: Both Stallone and then Arnie have Quit the Project:

It looks like Sylvester Stallone has walked away from the hit franchise that he created, with the news that he’s quit The Expendables 4.

Stallone was set to bank around $20m for heading up the team for one final big screen adventure, but news broke over the weekend that he won’t now be appearing in the movie. The reason? Stallone and production company Nu Image/Millennium were not agreeing on a director for the film, the screenplay, and ‘certain qualitative elements of the film’.

Stallone, coming off the back of his success with Creed, was reportedly worried too about ‘potentially underwhelming results’ for the new movie. As such, in the end, he’s backed up his bag of machine guns, and walked away from the project. Stallone, don’t forget, wrote and directed the first movie, as well as headlining the film.

Avi Lerner, of Nu Image/Millennium, still thinks there’s a chance Stallone may return, though. “We’ve got disagreements with Sly, but we’ve had them for over a year and a half. Right now, each one has opinion. We agreed on 95% of things, but there are certain things in production we don’t agree on. I don’t think it’s over, but what write whatever you want. In my opinion, it’s not dead”, he told Deadline.

With Sylvester Stallone dropping out of the upcoming fourth “The Expendables” film, it looks like his co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger may be joining him.

Schwarzenegger says he’s not doing the film without Stallone:

“There is no ‘Expendables’ without Sly. I would never do the movie without him, no. I have not seen the script; I don’t even know if there is a script, even though they want to shoot in August again, like they usually do.”

Stallone is reportedly departing the franchise after he and Nu Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner could not agree on the direction of the new film, including the movie’s director and script. Even if Stallone, who co-wrote the first three films with creator Dave Callaham, comes back around then Arnie isn’t a lock unless his character is done better than the previous film:

“You know, I think the first and second one were terrific. But, the third one, I thought my part was not written well. It was also not playing well in the movie, as far as I was concerned. Maybe other people believed differently. But I didn’t believe that I had any value in the movie. I love the franchise, by the way. I think it’s a spectacular franchise, ‘The Expendables.’ I think that Sly has good ideas, what he wants to do with it, and I think if they write a really good script [in] which my part is very well-developed, I would do it. If not, then I won’t do it.”

No specific dates have been set for the next “The Expendables” film to begin production.

Doctor Omega

A Fourth “Expendables” On The Way?

a-fourth-expendables-on-the-way-696x464.jpg

Sylvester Stallone took to Instagram this weekend to tease that a fourth installment of “The Expendables” looks to be on its way.

Stallone posted a photo of himself, Jason Statham, and Randy Couture in a previous film along with the caption: “We are the shadows and the smoke, we rise. We are the ghosts that in the night… Just when you thought it was safe to go outside…They’re coming back!.”

Last year it seemed the project was dead with Stallone and Nu Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner at loggerheads and unable to agree on director, script or other elements. Stallone co-wrote the screenplay for the previous entries.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
A Fourth “Expendables” On The Way?

View attachment 5652

Sylvester Stallone took to Instagram this weekend to tease that a fourth installment of “The Expendables” looks to be on its way.

Stallone posted a photo of himself, Jason Statham, and Randy Couture in a previous film along with the caption: “We are the shadows and the smoke, we rise. We are the ghosts that in the night… Just when you thought it was safe to go outside…They’re coming back!.”

Last year it seemed the project was dead with Stallone and Nu Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner at loggerheads and unable to agree on director, script or other elements. Stallone co-wrote the screenplay for the previous entries.
So it would seem Sylvester Stallone's not as expendable as he'd have us believe...

Doctor Omega

“Expendables 4,” “Rambo 5” Moving Forward

Chinese exhibition giant Dadi has pre-bought mainland China distribution rights to Sylvester Stallone’s action sequels “The Expendables 4” and “Rambo 5” from Millenium Films.

The Chinese deal is said to be comfortably into eight-figures and effectively constitutes a co-finance agreement on the movies. As a result, they’re both moving forward with the fifth “Rambo” to shoot in the U.S. in September and the fourth “Expendables” to film in Bulgaria early 2019.

Doctor Omega

Crews Explains His “Expendables 4” Exit

crews-explains-his-expendables-4-exit-696x464.jpg

Action star and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” regular Terry Crews has been making headlines in recent months for being one of the first men of the post-Weinstein era brave enough to step forward to talk about his stories of sexual harassment and assault.

This week Crews sat in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee to answer questions and to share his story and C-SPAN, which aired the session, has shared a portion of it on their Twitter page in which Crews reveals he won’t be involved in the fourth “The Expendables” film due to a very specific reason.

Crews revealed he was asked by a producer of the film to drop his case against the agent accused of groping as a condition for starring in the movie. When asked if he is going to star in the film, despite continuing with his case, Crews replied:

“No. Simply because this same producer is under his own… investigation. Abusers protect abusers – and this is one thing I had to decide, whether I was going to draw the line on. Am I going to be a part of this or am I gonna take a stand, and there are projects I had to turn down.”

Crews also spoke about being blacklisted for coming forward with his story, saying:

“What happened to me has happened to many many other men in Hollywood, and since I came forward with my story I have had thousands and thousands of men come to me and say ‘Me too, this is my story. But I did not have the confidence, or I did not feel safe enough, to come out.’ Because what happens is you get blacklisted, your career is in danger – after that, no one wants to work with you.”

Production on the fourth “Expendables” film is slated to begin in early 2019.